SIX | ncis hat

"Very cool. Where can I get one of these?" Abby sticks her finger through one of the bullet holes on Tony's NCIS hat.

Tony side-eyes the hat in her hands. "You can have that one."

"Really? Thanks." She slips it on. "How do I look?" Abby poses dramatically.

"Very cute." I nod my head. "And here." I hand Tony a candy bar.

He frowns down at it before looking up at me. "What's this for?"

"Whenever someone's upset about something, I feel food is the only way to cheer them up. So here you go." I shrug my shoulders.

"You know what would be helpful?" Tony sets aside the candy bar. "If I could pull up the records on the dead Marine, but my security access won't go through." He glares down at his computer.

On his computer, a new window titled Security Alert beeps red since his access has been denied.

"It's because computers can sense fear, Tony." Abby teases in a serious tone. "Think you can handle this, Eva?"

"I've got it." I move around to stand behind Tony's chair, reaching my arms across his shoulders and on the keyboard.

"You really think you're going to be able to get in?"

"Of course I can."

"Major Jim Kidwell. He was working at Quantico. Mobile training teams." He lets me know. "And this is his social." His finger flicks a post-it note.

I bite down on my bottom lip as I type in the information.

"Is that a new perfume you're wearing, Evaline?" Tony inhales deeply. "A touch of peach. . .some jasmine and gardenia. . .and definitely a bit of sandalwood."

"You've got quite a nose on you." I smile to myself.

He stays quiet for a moment. "Bottega Veneta Eau Sensuelle." The agent names my perfume.

"Well done." The computer beeps again. "Well, looks like we found the cause of your problem."

"What is it?"

"You don't have a high enough security clearance." I cross my arms over my chest. "Gibbs didn't mention how he died, did he?"

"No. That's kind of what he wants me to find out." He leans back in his chair.

"Move aside."

I bump my hip against his chair, pushing it away from the computer so I could have full access.

"Now, what I'm about to do. . .you cannot tell anyone." I warn him. "And if you do, I will find you. And I will kill you."

With his arms raised in the air, Tony mockingly surrenders.

"What exactly are you going to do?"

"I'm going to use my security clearance. And not the NCIS one."

"Is that even allowed?"

"Probably not." I shrug my shoulders. "But it's worth a try." That's when I notice he's looking at the screen. "Turn around and close your eyes."

"Why?" He questions but turns around anyway. "If we get caught, I'm taking you down with me."

The computer beeps again. "Well, you don't have to worry about that. My clearance didn't work either." I huff out.

"You're kidding me."

Soon, Gibbs and Kate come back from interviewing the dead marine's wife.

"What did you two find out about our dead Marine?" Gibbs asks us.