Chapter 1

Veronica's pov

The cold brisk air hits my face causing a chill to run up my spine. Opening my eyes, I could see the sky staring down on me, snow gently falling. Standing up was difficult, the ground was cold against my skin. Pain shooting to my head causing black spots to enter my vision. Leaning on the tree closest to me just in case I fall. Closing my eyes trying to remember what happened to me. The wave of dizziness passes, I start to head to the road. Or at least where I think the road is, I keep hearing cars pass in that direction. Each step I make feels like I'm stepping on shards of glass.

Looking down I realize I was not dressed for the woods or even the streets. My feet are bare and it looks like I am wearing pajama shorts. Mud is spread over my legs, blood covered my feet mixing into the mud around the wounds. To scared to look anywhere else I begin to continue in the direction I was heading before. Seeing the pavement makes my heart beat quickly. Not paying attention I didn't hear a car screeching to a stop. Coming to my senses I start to hear a soft voice bringing me to reality. Looking around I see an elderly women standing in front of me. Slowly taking steps away from her in case I have to run away from her. Sorrow began to fill her face. Not knowing what I should do, I decided to stay still. My legs begin to feel like jelly underneath my weight, collapsing from my weight I begin to fall to the ground.

"Oh my! Are you alright?" ....

Everything went black once again. Muffled voices filled the black emptiness of my mind. Not being able to grasp the stranger's voice I slip deeper into the darkness. This feeling of being deep underwater was suffocating. Gasping for air even though I am breathing just fine. Pressure began to build up on my chest. Floating through this water and looking up to the top and seeing nothing but darkness. Praying to wake up from this nightmare I am stuck in.

A bright light started to shine into the darkness, and the water begins to leave the area. The pressure was lifting from my chest; each breath I sucked in felt as though there were no problems in the world. Voices began to fill the silence I was so used to. The light is getting brighter, while the voices are getting louder. My eyes shoot open to the sharp pain I felt in my arm. Looking over to my right arm I see a nurse trying to draw my blood. Pulling my arm away I glare at her. The nurse's eyes meet mine, telling by the look on her face she was in total shock.

" Ah! Let me go get the doctor, He'll be very happy to know you're awake." with that she ran out of the room leaving me with a lot of questions.

Sitting up just a little was a chore with all the IV'S in my arms, and the breathing tube in my nose. What felt like forever the nurse finally came rushing back in with a doctor right behind her. Both of their faces looked like they've seen a ghost. Puzzled on what's going on I looked right back. I wonder why I'm here.

"Oh I see you're finally awake, we were begging to worry there. I am your doctor, you can call me Andrew. Now how about we check on how you are doing?" Andrew drew closer to me to run his test.

I guess for a doctor he's cute in a way. He's tall and has a small tan. Now that he's closer I can tell he hasn't had a decent nights rest for awhile. His five o'clock shadow is more than just a shadow. Emabar, what a strange eye color. His hair was a light brown shade with a few darker undertones, I don't think those are natural. I believe you could find any other guy on the street with the same side shave haircut. Realizing that I was staring made me blush just a little. I wonder if he'll tell me who I am and what happened.

"I have a question, why am I here in a hospital? Also do you know who I am? I don't seem to remember Dr. Andrews." My own voice seems to be a mystery like it doesn't belong to me.