Chapter 3

Sorry guys for being so poor and keeping my updates close together, I hope you guys enjoy my book!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!!" Alex yelled.

"Your son was abusing the omegas, if this is how you are raising you future alpha to be then maybe I don't want to be a part of the pack!" I screamed, I can't believe how disrespectful the future alpha is.

"Mitch, is that true? I haven't raised you to act like that, they are a part of our pack too. Just because they aren't the strongest doesn't mean they aren't wolves." Alex was pissed you can hear it in his voice, like he was trying to keep his wolf at bay.

"Sweetie, don't be rough on him. He's just a boy, he is still learning how to treat those different from him." Alex's mate claimed.

"You've got to be joking right? Just a boy, he is a senior in high school. He will be taking over the pack in about two years. I am a hybrid and yet I treat everyone with respect unless they prove otherwise." I was still pissed but Martha was holding my hand, squeezing every once in a while for extra support.

The family argued back and forth for a while, until Mitch was lashed 10 times for being disrespectful to his pack members. Alex introduced me to his mate Lucy but after she tried to defend her son I can't say I like her. The drive back home was quiet and calm, Luna and I kept talking about what to wear for the ceremony tonight. We can't decide between the black velvet dress that goes about mid thigh on me or the silver dress. The silver dress is floor length and as a side slit that goes to mid thigh. I think the silver dress would compliment my fair skin and hair, but the black dress is sexy and classy too.

Perks of being unmated is that I can dress how I want without the fear of pissing off my mate. I went with the silver dress. I curled my white hair into loose curls, then put half up in a rose braid. I wore pale pink strappy heels that had a matching clutch. The jewelry was just a simple rose gold chain that had one tear drop diamond at the end of it. My make up was simple but went well with the outfit.

"Veronica time to go, we can't be late to your own ceremony!" Martha yelled at the bottom of the stairs.

"Okay, coming" I yell back with one last look in the mirror. I leave the comfort of my room.

"It's funny how we can hear very well yet we still yell across the house, don't you find it funny?" I commented.

" Ha- ha, I am not a young wolf anymore Victoria. My hearing isn't as good" She replied.

It was funny because wolves age differently from humans, they still die from old age but that is when they are in their hundreds. Me being the first ever Hybrid I don't know when or if I could die from old age. Martha and I are working on our relationship after all she was drugging me.

Being lost in my own world made the drive a lot faster, the party was in full swing and so that means I am late. I got out of the car and started walking to the back yard, Martha was right behind me. I don't think she trusts me to be on my best behavior, after all I did almost kill the future alpha. I also hurt a lot of people because of my alpha powers. The reason why my pack doesn't interact with regular packs is because their alphas are our omegas. So this afternoon was a mistake, I lost control. I feel bad but I don't regret it though, Mitch needs to learn respect for his future pack members.

"V, get out of your head we are at a party and boi is there a lot of cuties!" Luna squealed.

She might be a flirt but she would never cheat on our mate. We don't know if we want to meet him because of everything else that is happening. The party is amazing, the twinkle lights hung from the pendula. The music was loud but not to bad. There are hundreds of people, most from the pack but there are some from other packs. There was a slight smell of woods and a hint of nutmeg, it was amazing. Luna started pacing but I didn't put too much thought into it.

"Hey Alex! Sorry about this afternoon, I kinda lost it when I saw what they were doing.... I didn't mean to over step." I apologized. Which is hard since you know alpha.

"Don't mention it, you were right Mitch shouldn't have been doing that. It might have been overboard but hey you're still young" He sounded like a loving father.

"Honey, it's almost time for the welcoming ceremony." She glared at me...

Oh hell no! Breathe V don't worry about it, just get this thing over with. The scent from before is getting stronger. It's making it hard to concentrate on what Alex is saying, shaking my head. I focus on the ceremony.

" Tonight we welcome Veronica Carter into our pack! Our pack is big and it is strong but we will never forget our ancestors. Our blood grows strong on the night of the full moon, the blood of the wolf courses through our veins. Those who are strong are welcome to the family of the Wintermoon. The moon goddess shines on each of us, she carries us through the hard times and helps us through the attacks of the forsaken. Veronica do you agree to love and care for our pack as it is your own, do you agree to follow our rules that were placed by our ancestors." Alex bellows.

" I Veronica agree to love and to care for this pack as though it was my own, I agree to follow the rules placed by your ancestors and help keep your traditions alive." I reply.

The blade slid across Alex's hand in a quick motion, his blood pooling into a chalice. Because my blood is toxic to all of those who aren't me. We had to change the ceremony just a little. As long as I drink his blood I will gain the connection to the pack. He would gain access to my link and so would the pack members.

I picked up the chalice and slowly drank the liquid inside of it. The vampire in me wanted to scarf it down since it's been a few months but I have to keep that side of me a secret. I can let them know I am a Lycan but not the hybrid part. I must keep this pack safe too, even though I haven't known them for long. After a minute of drinking the blood I felt hot and feverish. I couldn't breathe, something isn't right. It doesn't make since I watched him spill the blood, it shouldn't be spiked but it is. I was in pain, I looked up and Alex was on the ground in the same state I was. The blade looked normal, but if someone rubbed wolfsbane on it then it would do the same thing has if it was ingested. It wasn't enough to knock me out but enough to slow down my senses. Who ever did this didn't know how much it would take to take down a Lycan.