Chapter 5

Last chapter was a memory of Veronica's. These next two chapters will be from different POV's.

If you guys are liking my story please feel free to comment and share with your friends!!

                                                                        Alpha Alex POV

"Alpha are you really going to let her join the pack? She's an alpha too, what if she tries to take over our pack?" Michael comments.

"She gave us her word, Lycans are big on their word. She will not try to take over our pack after all we are weaker then her omegas. Her training our warriors can make us even stronger, once she is alpha she will be a great ally." I smirked.

Veronica came onto my land thinking she could walk in and join my pack. She's will have to earn her stay here. Training our warriors will be the best thing she can do. Since most of our warriors are cocky.  Lucy isn't happy about how she treated our son, but it is true he was not raised to be rude or abusive to weaker members. Plus Martha is keeping a close eye one her, they have a bond. 

Tonight is one step closer to our future as a stronger pack. 

Unknown POV

I came to a welcoming ceremony for the Wintermoon pack, they are strong but they are not stronger than us. The Red Crescent pack is the strongest pack in the country, well besides the Harvest moon pack they are Lycans so I don't count them in our ranking. Whoever killed them must've gotten to them while they slept. That is the weakest state a Lycan can be in without wolfsbane. I feel bad for the family but if you can't stay on guard then don't lead. Their daughter is still missing from their lands. The beta is working as alpha right now and she returns.

This party sucks, the pack sluts were hanging on me like Christmas ornaments. The smell of lavender and lemons filled the air. Max is getting antsy, getting kind of annoying. I do agree that the smell is intoxicating. I tried pin-pointing it but it kept moving like she was trying to hide from me. This is pissing me off, the air feels heavy like something is going to happen. I don't know but my men and I will be on guard.

The ceremony begins, the girl that steps on the stage filled my nose with the scent from earlier. She was gorgeous, her white hair framed her pale face perfectly. She had curves in all the right places. " Hey Ash, does the Wintermoon's alpha smell funny to you?" Max intercepted my train of thoughts.

"Now that you mention it, yeah, smells like wolfsbane. Why would the Alpha...no it's something near the alpha. Why can't they smell it? " I commented.

"It's strange it's mixed in with his scent, why would it be so close to him?." Max stated.

He's right... Why would the alpha be so close to something that can kill us. He looks fine, maybe it's nothing to worry about.

" Tonight we welcome Veronica Carter into our pack! Our pack is big and it is strong but we will never forget our ancestors. Our blood grows strong on the night of the full moon, the blood of the wolf courses through our veins. Those who are strong are welcome to the family of the Wintermoon. The moon goddess shines on each of us, she carries us through the hard times and helps us through the attacks of the forsaken. Veronica do you agree to love and care for our pack as it is your own, do you agree to follow our rules that were placed by our ancestors." Alex bellows.

" I Veronica agree to love and to care for this pack as though it was my own, I agree to follow the rules placed by your ancestors and help keep your traditions alive." She replied

Alex sliced his hand in one quick motion, it was a clean cut. I don't understand why they are using a chalice instead of her just drinking from him. She slowly takes the cups into her hands, moving it to her plump lips and she begins drinking the red liquid. It seems like she is drinking it slowly, and might not like the taste of blood. Not even before she could finish, she was screaming in pain falling to the ground.

Anger begins to fill me, no one hurts my mate! Making my way to the stage. She's not a rogue so it doesn't make sense why he would try to kill her. It goes against the open pack agreement. I glared at him, Alex backed down but he tried to escape. "Grab him and his beta, this man broke a rule." I started to bend down to the girl. She's on fire, burning like a hot ember.

"Veronica!! I am so sorry honey, I didn't know this was going to happen!" An elderly women cried.

This girl was fine, feverish but fine. She looks lost in the thought but the screaming stopped. She scoots closer to the alpha, how did I not notice that he was one the ground looking worse then her. 

"Get the pack doctor! The Wintermoon pack broke a law, ready the cells. We have the alpha and beta of the pack. Question them until they tell us what we want!!" I yelled, my alpha powering screaming to be heard.

"WAIT! It wasn't Alex, why would he cut himself with a blade covered in wolfsbane? It wasn't him, earlier today I scolded his sun for being abusive towards an omega. Check the sun and his mate for the scent. It wasn't the alpha or Beta." Veronica screamed out.

"Alpha what is going on, who is this girl?" Dr Rollins calmly said.

"Her name is Veronica, she is 18 years old. She is a special kind. Someone from the Wintermoon pack poisoned her and their alpha. They both fell unconscious." The Alderley women replied.

"Get them  help. I am going to see what caused the pack to rebel like this." With that I left the girl with the pack doctor.

I don't care if she is my mate, I will never love her. I can't reject her or I could die. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry for it being short. It's easier for me to get this out then my longer chapters.