The Bookworm meets the Prince

Chapter 1

Bookworm Meets the Prince

"Just remember my little Lizzie, no reading until you learn your lesson."

I know what you're probably thinking, why is my dad banning me from reading? Well, everyone has their vice, mine turns out to be reading.

"Yes dad. I'll try my best." I said over the phone.

I am completely lying but I just can't help it. Though, maybe as a compromise I can tone it down to four books a week? You know, me keeping my end of the bargain? That could work right?

Book bans are the worst punishment. I mean, zero access to your collection and zero access to a book store! Can you think of anything more cruel? Now, I have to add going to the library to my schedule just so I can read books that are already part of my collection.

The funny thing is that when I was a kid they demanded that I had to read a certain number of books every year and a certain number of chapters every day. But then when I got older and got addicted to reading books, they were concerned that it was all I do and that I was ruining my eyesight.

So, what is the perfect solution? I am banned from buying and reading books until I learn my lesson.

"Alright sweetie, I have to go now. My client just arrived and this deal might mean that I can finally buy that surprise gift for your mom." He said in an excited or giddy manner. "I'll see you later and I love you my little Lizzie."

"Love you too dad." I said before ending the call.

I couldn't help but laugh a little bit at dad's antics while placing my phone inside my bag. Fortunately, before my phone went to sleep mode I saw the time and almost screamed. The library was closing in fifteen minutes and there were a few books I needed to check out! So, I sprinted my way to the library and made it with ten minutes to spare.

I made a quick hello to Mel, the school librarian, before proceeding to collect the books I wanted to read that week. I picked up Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion and Emma since I decided that it was going to be Jane Austen week. Book bans make me sad and you can never go wrong with Austen to cheer you up.

I was on my way to Mel to check the books out when someone suddenly bumped into me causing my books to fall on the floor.

"What the..." I was not able to finish my sentence because I locked eyes with the most captivating blue eyes I have ever seen. The guy was so good looking that he should be a model. He has black hair, perfectly tanned skin, and let us not forget those captivating blue eyes. For a moment, I forgot that I was in love with Mr. Darcy.

Time stood still and I genuinely felt that we were the only two people in the whole world.

"I'm so sorry" said the blue eyed guy. Oh...My...Gosh! Even his voice sounds enchanting.

He then broke eye contact, picked up some of the books that fell, and then gave them to me. After doing such he went on his way and for some odd reason I got the vibe that he was running away from something or someone. Strange vibe, but I guess he was also in a hurry to pick up a book he needs like me. Which reminded me...

"Shit." I quickly gathered my stuff and ran to Mel's desk and checked out my books before they close.

"Let me guess Lizzie, banned from reading again?" asked Mel while she was encoding my books on her computer.

Melissa Daniels was not the typical scary librarian that shouts at every person when they hear a noise, she's cooler than that. She actually became my friend the first time my father banned me from reading three years ago. Back when I was a freshman here in Midview High.