𝖱𝖤𝖠𝖢𝖳𝖨𝖮𝖭 𝖳𝖮 𝖬𝖠𝖤𝖴𝖬 𝖨𝖭 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖦𝖱𝖮𝖴𝖯

Maeum's involvement in an SM project was something that shocked the kpop community. ARMYs worried over the loss of one of their beloved members. Many speculated that tension was hidden behind the scenes and this was BigHit's way of announcing Maeum's departure from the group. Non ARMY stans were outraged over the idea of a female alongside the lineup of their biases, they argued that just because BTS had managed to do the concept of one female in the group successful that trying it again was sure to fail; not to mention that Maeum was not part of SM entertainment but Bighit, fans saw no reason for her to even be part of the group.

Both companies released statements that defused the situation. Bighit assured that Maeum's participation in SuperM did not mean she was leaving but in fact, doing different projects now that BTS is on a break. Though both themselves and Maeum originally denied the request, with Maeum and BTS both overlooking it, Maeum was willing to part of SuperM. Her role in the group will be managed and overlooked by Bighit and have the power to pull her out if questionable choices are made. Compensation from SM's part and a strict contract had legally established the collaboration. SM further spoke on their own idols continuing to be part of their respective groups and their time in SuperM will in no form stop the progression of the other groups. SuperM is meant as a collaborative project and in no shape or form will BigHit's idols be romantically involved with SM's idols.

Maeum had shared her own thoughts on the situation to calm worried ARMYs by taking to twitter:

Hi ARMY this is Maeum,

I know there is a lot of confusion and worry over my position in BTS and Bighit but I just want to stop the worrying by saying I am not leaving neither my family nor my company. When I was Bighit was first offered the collaboration, they asked for all idols, not just me. We all declined but SM entertainment was persistent. They chose to focus on me and I once more declined. I do admit that the idea was interesting but SM's history with my good friend and sunbae Gyeong-ja as well as not wanting to leave my family made me not consider the idea. But it was because of their words of encouragement that made me ultimately accept the offer. Please accept my decisions ARMY and know that I will never leave BTS. BTS is my home, my love, and life, I will be in BTS until I can no longer be.

ARMYS despite original opposition had reunited and showed their support, not only for BTS and Maeum but for SuperM and the boys. And while their was a negative light coming from the other three fandoms, hate comments would soon turn to acceptance and thirst tweets upon seeing the power that is Ki Maeum.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

SEOYOON | @MAJINRISE

MARK: you know I'm not sure if I want to do this. I'm already busy with NCT I don't think joining another group is—