𝖳𝖠𝖤𝖸𝖴𝖬𝖸𝖴𝖭

SHIP NAME:Taeyumyun

SHIP NAME:
Taeyumyun

PEOPLE INVOLVED:
Jung Jaehyun + Ki Maeum + Lee Taeyong

PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
• Jaehyun —> Maeum: one-sided
• Maeum <—> Taeyong: dating (unknown to Jaehyun)

SITUATION?:
The "love triangle" between Jaehyun, Maeum, and Taeyong developed from the friendship of Jaehyun and Maeum. The two had met via Jungkook and had gained a close bond. During their friendship, Jaehyun had gained a romantic feeling towards the older woman and at the time Maeum had believed that she had too. With time she was hesitant due to the large age gap and had begun to acknowledged that her feelings were strictly platonic.

During that time Maeum had developed a friendship with NCT's leader and Jaehyun's groupmate Taeyong. At his request, it was kept hidden to not annoy or bother his friend but the closer he got to Maeum he knew eventually that it would have to be brought up. Still, as time progressed as did his now romantic relationship with Maeum, Taeyong continued to stay quiet solely out of fear as to what Jaehyun would think over the matter.

Eventually, the clues were figured out and Taeyong had been confronted. He revealed the friendship turned relationship and in doing so created a strain in his relationship with Jaehyun. For a period, the two did not talk nor engage (via Jaehyun's side) unless it involved NCT.

Taeyong, considering the group and his relationship with Jaehyun thought it more of a priority than his love for Maeum therefore unwillingly chose to end the relationship.

CURRENT STATUS:
• Jaehyun <—> Taeyong: best friends/group members
• Jaehyun <—> Maeum: good friends/guilty of being the reason Maeum and Taeyong broke up
• Taeyong <—> Maeum: close/awkward friends/still like each other

RELATIONSHIP(S) KNOWN TO FANS?:
NO

RELATIONSHIP PROGRESSION:

AFTER THE BREAKUP:
the aftermath (January)

Following Taeyong's relationship ending with Maeum, it seemed as if life in the NCT dorms were stilled. Things had not been patched up between Jaehyun and Taeyong and the latter had appeared..different.

From Jaehyun's perspective, he felt better. No longer did he have an ax to grind with his elder brother but a sense of relief. Truth be told he did not know the level of depth that was held within NCT's leader with Maeum but his way of rationalizing it was 'if he broke up with her this quickly then it probably didn't mean much to him?' At least that is what he told himself repetitively to not feel the heavy heart in his chest whenever he saw the state of Taeyong.