Chapter 10

Chapter Ten - Exceptions

Groaning when my alarm blares the next morning I turn it off quickly before opening my eyes. I remember everything except what happened after Atticus dragged me to the car last night. So, I decide to assume nothing eventful and that someone probably brought me up to my bedroom. Thankfully, my body has burned off the alcohol and I don't have to deal with a hangover.

After another five minutes of staying in bed I eventually get up and freshen up in the bathroom. I take a quick shower and blow dry my hair before changing into a casual outfit for the day. It's getting increasingly colder the faster we approach winter so I'm mostly in a comfy sweater or layers nowadays.

After having breakfast, I catch a lift to school with Arcadia and Elias. I'm walking through the hallways to my locker when I spot Leon. Grinning widely when I remember he found his mate last night I run up to him. He turns around just in time to see me and chuckles at my excitement.

"Tell me everything!"

"Her name is Savannah and she's visiting her dad's side of the family. She's from Alicante, Spain." He smiles and I can see how genuinely happy he is to have found her. "I'm going to be meeting her family this evening."

"That's amazing, Leon! I'm so happy for you!" I hug him before spotting Emilia race over to us.

"You found your mate?!" She whisper-shouts as a group of humans walk by. "What does she look like? Where's she from? I need details!"

Leon laughs and proceeds to tell her the same thing he told me while I take the time to grab my books from my locker. I walk back over to them when I'm done and we head to English together. He shows Emilia a picture of her and she squeals excitedly which makes us laugh. Right before we enter the classroom she gives him a tight hug before we make our way to our seats.

It was such a good feeling to start the morning off happy.

***

The rest of the day was peachy keen too until I walked into the girl's bathroom before lunch. While I'm in the cubicle I hear the door open and a pair of what sounds like heeled boots click on the floor. I almost bang my head against the cubicle's wall when I recognize Scarlett's scent. Wasn't getting knocked out by a girl younger than her enough? I wonder to myself.

"Guess who followed me into the bathroom?" I mind link both Emilia and Arcadia.

They growl in response before Arcadia speaks. "Punch her in the throat!"

"I second that!" Emilia chuckles which makes me smile. "But we're on our way."

I walk out and move towards the sink to wash my hands. She's leaning against the wall with a deep scowl on her lips and her narrowed eyes follow my every move. I glance at her with disinterest as I dry my hands with the paper towels before stepping towards the door.

"How many times must I tell you to stay away from him?" She finally growls and her words make me stop.

"How many times must someone beat it into you that Atticus is not yours?" I arch a brow as I turn to face her.

Her skin colors with anger and I notice her fists clench. "Mark my words, when I become Luna I'll have you tortured for that pathetic attitude you walk around with!"