Chapter 1

'Team, report for mission briefing.'

The team was thoroughly confused as to why Superman was calling them, but decided not to question it. They arrived in the mission room and where shocked to see Batman and Superman arguing.

"Bats, they'll handle it. You've got a more important League mission, the negotiations with that planet are more pressing. Those aliens specifically demanded that you be one of the ones present or they would declare war against earth. Trust the team."

Batman sighed, and then clenched his fist. "I do trust them Kent, and I know how important this mission is. But this is my city, my responsibility." Clark sighed then placed his hand on his friends shoulder. "I understand, but the team will not fail." Batman nodded then walked towards the zeta. "They better not Kent, because if they do, they better hope something happens to me." Then he was gone, the team hesitantly approached Superman.

"What was that about?" Artemis Asked, and Clark sighed. "Mission conflicts." The team shared confused looks, before turning back to Clark.

"So, what's this mission?" Wally Asked, and Superman pulled up a family picture. "Earlier today, Wayne Manor was attacked." The team's eyes widened as they watched the security footage of the attack on four children, the kids looked absolutely terrified.

"Wait, Wayne Manor is in Gotham." Wally suddenly said, and Superman nodded. "Yes, however Batman is unable to handle this case due to a off world mission." Zatanna was now confused.

"What mission? And what does this breakin have to do with us?" She Asked and the others nodded in agreement. Clark sighed. "I was getting to that." He pulled up a picture, and Zatanna and Megan felt bile rise up. It was a picture of one of the kids bleeding in a lake.

"Jason Todd, the second oldest child of Bruce Wayne, was the only one found after the attack. He was also almost dead by the time help arrived." The team's eyes widened as the family photo came back up and enlarged. "It's been confirmed, since he was found and rushed to the hospital, that his two younger brothers Damien and Timothy, along with his older sister Regina, where taken." Artemis gasped, and her eyes went insanely wide.

"Your mission is to find the three Wayne kids, and rescue them." Connor scoffed. "So, we're rescuing a bunch of rich brats?" Connor asked, and Clark sighed. "Not exactly." This confused the team.

"Bruce Wayne is one of the Leagues biggest benefactors, he founds us and helps supply the league with cutting edge technology. Only three major companies financially support the Justice League, and there are many smaller factions that do, but if anything happens to Wayne's children, we risk loosing a major asset. His daughter, Regina, is also a huge public supporter of Protégés and heroes in general, she's one of the main reasons why the government hasn't hunted you lot down. It was her intervention that saved Robin from getting sent to the CPS after Joker had her and she was hospitalized."

This silenced the team, and some where thinking it over. "So, we are to rescue the Wayne children?" Kaldur Asked, and Superman nodded. "Precisely, and Robin is unavailable for this mission because she got a concussion during patrol last night and didn't tell anyone and Batman found her unconscious at the zeta tube in the Batcave. She's currently on medical lockdown and still unconscious." The team sighed, it's not the first time Robin has done that too them, only this time they had no clue it wasn't real.

"Very well, we shall leave at once." Kaldur Said, but Superman stopped them. "Artemis, you're in charge of this mission." The said emerald archer was shocked. "What? Why me?!? Kaldur is." But Superman cut her off. "Kaldur is not from Gotham, nor does he or anyone on the team know the city or her criminals like you do. Since Robin isn't here, you're the next beat expert we have. Now, go." The team nodded and rushed off to Gotham, to Wayne Manor more specifically.