Part Two

Wake Up! 

My eyes snapped open to the bright sunlight spilling into the window. I took a deep inhale to make sure I was still alive. I'm not sure what the hell happened, but it took me a minute to remember why I was laying on the ground. There was a vague hint of the headache I had seemly moments ago, but I could still go take some pain medicine. I heard a dramatic buzzing noise on top of the counter which snapped me out of my foggy haze. 

I shuffled on the ground for a moment before I could actually find my balance and stand back on my own two feet again. My muscles felt stiff and nearly lifeless. How long was I out? 

Another series of buzzing caught my attention again. I went back on my mission to silence the buzzing noise. I finally reached my phone and saw I had 8 missed called and 4 text messages, all from Amelia. I sighed and picked up her phone call this time. "H-hello?" I cleared my throat. It sounded like I hadn't talked in ages. 

"Tiana!" Amelia sounded out of breath and panicked, "My God, what happened to you? Are you okay?" 

I nodded, "Yeah..I just.." I was unsure how to casually say I passed out. 

Before I could answer, Amelia starting to go on a tangent, "I hadn't heard from you all day and I couldn't get out of class. I'm worried something bad happened to you." 

"I'm fine," I lied, "I just..got a migraine and took a nap." I really didn't want to be stressing her out on the first day of classes with my problems when she has her own. 

"Okay, sure," She didn't believe me, "I'm done with classes for the day so I'll see you when I get home." She didn't give me much time to reply before she hung up the phone. 

I sighed loudly. Great, now I have a very anxious Amelia who shouldn't have to take care of me like a child. I'm nearly 20 dammit. I should be able to take care of myself, right? 

Right.

A woman's voice responded. I nearly jumped out of my skin hearing someone answer me. I spoke out to the empty house, "Hello?" No response. I definitely heard another voice in the house. Do I need to call the police? I shook my head of any crazy thoughts. I'm the only one in the house, there's no way I heard someone else's voice. Am I having hallucinations or something? 

A small ball in my stomach started to form, thinking I have bigger problems on my hands than I think I do. I resisted the urge to look up all the different things that could be associated with auditory hallucinations. That would be a disaster in itself. "Okay, Tia. Today's been a rough day, let's just take it easy and move forward. Everything will be answered in time and things will be alright." I reassured myself. 

I headed to the bathroom and washed my face with warm water. Maybe this was all a dream or something. I looked up in the mirror and gasped in shock. I blinded forcefully to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me or something. 

My eyes were gold. 

Last time I checked, I definitely had dark brown eyes and now they're damn near yellow! I'm losing my mind and I need to see a doctor stat!

Relax.

In my panic, I yelled in response this time, "Who the fuck is talking to me!?" I demanded an answer this time. This was not okay. Is this what a concussion's like? You can get hallucinations from a concussion, right? I suddenly remember smacking my head on the ground when I fell and that's the only explanation to all of this. 

"Tiana?" I was still in a downward spiral when I heard Amelia walk through the door. 

I stumbled out of the bathroom, "Ame? Ame! Thank god you're home." I went up to her and embraced her tightly. I can't be going through this alone right now. I pulled her back and looked her in the eye, "I have to go to the ER, something's wrong." She stuttered for a moment, unable to think of a response quick enough. "We have to go!" I'm basically dragging her out of the door at this point. 

Even though I was in a panic, she was still able to stop me in my tracks before heading out the door. "Tia, just breath. It looks like you've had a hard day." That was a major understatement. "Tell me what happened." 

I inhaled deeply and tried to get my thoughts together enough to speak to her. "I was going to get breakfast and then I passed out. I don't know why. I just went. Then I woke up and now my eyes have changed and I'm hearing things." 

Amelia looked at me very hesitantly, "Your eyes?" 

I was flabbergasted at how she couldn't tell my eyes were any different. "Amelia, my eyes are yellow. Freaking yellow. Come on, now." 

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and opened the camera to shove into my face. My eyes weren't yellow anymore. I was actually kinda relieved.  "What type of things have you been hearing?" 

I tried my best not to sound crazy, "A voice. I've been hearing a voice." 

Amelia was too confused and shocked to respond to the information I just gave her. I couldn't blame her at this point. There was another quiet moment from her before she said anything else, "What was the voice been saying?" She asked slowly. 

I thought for a second. The voice hasn't really been saying a lot, but I know it's there, "Well...I've heard responses to my thoughts. Do you think I have a brain bleed or something?" 

She took another deep breath and kept looking at me. "I think you need to get out and have some fun. It's no good sitting in a house by yourself all day." 

I clenched my fists together out of frustration, "Ame, I'm not just crazy. It actually happened." 

She nodded, "I believe you, truly." 

Lies. 

Right. 

She continued, "I just think before we rush you to the ER, let's get you around people first."

I huffed in defeat, "Okay, fine. Did you have someplace in mind?" 

Amelia chirped up once I was finally able to calm down enough to ask her, "Actually, yes!" There's the happy-go-lucky Amelia I know and love, "We're gonna take you to the soccer game!" 

I wasn't that big of a sports person, but it didn't sound that terrible to go. I also remember the soccer team here being pretty good. I agreed, "Okay, we'll go to the soccer game. What time should we leave?" 

Ame looked at her watch and smiled, "Well it actually starts in about 30 minutes so I say we start walking now. We can grab some food on our way over." On cue, my stomach groaned for some attention. 

"Food sounds great right now." Ame pulled me into a hug and rocked us back and forth slightly. 

"I really do believe you," she told me, "I just don't want to scare both of us into jumping into conclusions." I nodded. I guess she's right, maybe I was being overdramatic a little. "I love you." She tightly squeezed me before letting go. She started headed down the hall to her room before calling back out to me, "Let me change real quick and then we can get going." 

I nodded even though she couldn't see me anymore. I guess I can change into something more comfortable too.