Part Three

Today has been one hell of a day. I could only stare at myself in the mirror, doubting every thought and action I've ever taken. Today doesn't even feel real. Maybe Ame was right, I just needed to get out of this house and get some fresh air. I finished with my internal monologue and rechecked my clothing before I decided it was good to leave. 

I stretched out my neck and arms before joining Ame in the common room. She was putting on mascara in the living room mirror, but she already looked super pretty. I took a deep breath and got her attention, "Did you have something in mind for food?" 

She answered without missing a beat, "A got myself craving chik-fil-a. That sounds good to you?" 

My mouth watered at the thought of waffle fries filling my tummy. "Yes please." 

Ame put her mascara in her purse and started heading towards the door. I followed behind eagerly. 

After filling our bellies with some chicken and fries, we arrived at the soccer game. We walked in during the middle of announcements so we hadn't missed the start of the game yet. "And now, for your starting line-up for the women's soccer team!" The crowd cheered loudly and proudly as the different names were called. 

"A pretty big turnout for the first game," I noted. Ame nodded and kept looking for a seat for us. It wasn't a huge stadium, outside seating and one-sided sturdy bleachers that were outlined with brick. It was a slightly chilly night, but not too bad in my opinion. The sun was just starting to set and we were finally able to find some open seats. 

"This view good for you?" Ame asked me. 

I nodded and responded over all the cheering, "Yup! Perfect." Feeling some fresh air and being around people actually made my day a little bit better. I was able to smile and forget about some of the crazy things that happened today. 

"Most of these girls were in my anatomy class," Ame told me, "Pretty sure we all would've failed the final if we didn't have giant study sessions." She joked. I vaguely remember having to study super hard for a final anymore. 

I tried to brush some of the negative thoughts away and continued to try and enjoy my night. 

Here.

I lazily scanned the stands and the field just to take it all in and there was a weird adjustment to my vision that I hadn't noticed before. Across the field by one of the exit gates, there was a prominent figure that stood tall and proudly, looking over everything with their hands on his hips catching onto his belt. Maybe they were an assistant coach for the other side or something. It felt like they were staring at me. I didn't really recognize who they were. I tried to disregard their presence, but for the majority of the first half, my eyes kept drifting their way for some strange reason. Maybe I simply recognized them. 

The sound of cheering and yelling fans standing on their feet to celebrate a goal for our team. I was slow to react but still joined the crowd to not feel like an odd person out. As I tried to blend in with the celebratory cheering, I still felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked back over to the figure and they still seemed to be staring. Maybe I'm losing my mind or something. 

As the crowd of spectators sat back down, I finally nudged over to Ame, "Hey, do you recognize that person by the gate over there?" I asked, discreetly pointing. 

She followed my hand and hesitated before answering, "Uh...I-I don't think so. Why?" 

I shrugged, not really being able to put my finger on what was wrong, "I just have a strange feeling is all." 

"A strange feeling? Like what? Are you uncomfortable?" She interrogated. 

I tried to answer her as honestly as I possibly could, "No, I just feel like whoever they are, they keep looking at me." I tried to shake the feeling off, "Maybe I'm tripping. I'm sure they're supposed to be here, right?" 

"Well," My anxiety started to spike when she had a rebuttal, "I'm sure they do. I think I see a badge or something." 

I squinted my eyes to get a closer look and sure enough, I saw a small patch of yellow on their right side. I blinked in genuine surprise, "Since when do we have security at soccer games like that?" 

I saw Ame shrug, "I did hear they've started asking the local police department for coverage." 

The idea that someone with a badge has been watching me the whole time got me feeling nervous, "You don't think they're trying to start in trouble, do you?" 

"What? No. Look." Ame fully turned her body to me and validated my concern, "I'm pretty sure I've seen him before and he's pretty cool." The loud buzzer went off, signaling the end of the half, "Come on," Ame stood up and I instinctively followed suit, "Let's get some snacks from the concession. It'll make you feel better I'm sure." 

"Ame, we just ate," the protest didn't seem to stop her as she dragged me down the metal steps anyway.

"Fine, we'll just stretch our legs then, whatever you want to call it." She waved me off and started leading us into the crowd. 

It was about five minutes into halftime once Amelia came back from the bathroom and joined me outside. Once again, Amelia was right about just getting up to stretch our legs. I feel like I'm really getting paranoid about things lately. I really need to go see someone. "You ready?" Ame asked me as she wiped the rest of the wet off her hands. 

Before I could answer, I got another sharp wave of pain in my head and a spell of dizziness suddenly. It wasn't as strong as last time, but I definitely stumbled slightly from feeling like the world was turning around me. I felt a hand around my arm and very distant talk, Ame was in my line of sight, but she was progressively getting more blurred. This was a really bad time to have another spell. 

I closed my eyes pushed pressure into my temple in a helpless hope that it would reduce the sudden onset pain, but alas, it was useless and I simply had to let it pass. I didn't want to lose consciousness this time so I fought hard to not make a scene. I think I was doing a pretty good job so far. 

I felt another set of hands on my arm opposite of Amelia and another on my back. The feeling of these hands were different from Amelia's though. I could distinctly tell where they were and I could note how strong they were gripping my arm. I could feel the heat radiating through them and into me and I could hear the voice they belonged to so much clearer than Ame's voice that was getting lost in the distance. 

"Ma'am, are you alright? Ma'am?" 

My eyes snapped open to meet the voice who I could actually understand in my haze. I met a set of luscious brown eyes. Sharp and clear like the sky, I could make out every little detail of them and commit them to memory. As I took in the entire face of who was speaking to me, I realized they were familiar. 

It was the face of that damn cop.