𝐨𝐧𝐞

sacrifice - one

-

The 
< Lydia Martin >

THEY looked at her as if she we're crazy. Lydia Martin, queen bee of Beacon Hills High, now a nut job. It was the supposed to be this way.

Maybe it would've been different if Jackson was by her side like he used to be, when they first got together. She was just a freshman and he a sophomore— the star lacrosse player. Her first love. Her EVERYTHING.

He would've protected her from the stares. Away from the parasites that just wanted to be popular, bit she understood that. Being crazy didn't make her any less of the raging bitch everyone claimed she was, any less of the person she didn't really want to be. She wanted to be known for her smarts and her looks, but no one likes a smart ass.

Lydia sighed looking around for Jackson, her ex-boyfriend. She wanted to thank him for finding her, though she told him she didn't need him- she could have any guy- she wanted him. He was home for her.

Her mom and dad are didn't understand, they were too busy hated each other to realize the pain she was going through. They though spoiling her would make up for the neglecting her. Jackson worried about her in his own way.

A group of girls let out gasps as she walked by and immediately turned to whisper not so quietly.

"-walking around naked!" Lydia looked over at the group of girls that were eyeing her. Realizing she let her cold and mean facade down she send a glare towards the girls.

"Enjoying the 'attention', Martin?" One of the girls spat, she was a brunette with an ugly smirk. Lydia just sent them a sarcastic smile, ignoring the painful words.

"Jealous Kaitlyn?" Lydia remarked, as the girl scowled. Was it bad to say that seeing this girl upset made her really happy? "Be careful, Katie, your face may stick like that."

A few of my the girls snickered and it made the brunette's scowl deepen and Lydia's smug expression lighten.

One of the other girls from the group, this time a short girl with black hair, spoke up, "Her name is Kimberly!" Lydia just continued to smile as she tilted her head in joy.

"Sure thing, later Karli!" Lydia threw over her shoulder as she walked away, her heels clicking lighting and bringing her even more joy.

When she was out of view she let her smile drop.

The smile immediately picked back up when a girl wearing a pair of tight jeans and a light blue blouse. She also took note of the expensive looking booted heels the girl wore.

No one else in the school had a fashion sense like this, that was for sure. That meant one of two things; Lydia Martin ignored this pretty girl for a reason or she was new, Lydia bet on the latter.

With a little pep in her step, Lydia moved towards the tall girl and leaned again her locker— unable yo hold back a grin she cleared her throat. "You're new."

The dark haired girl looked towards the strawberry blonde before turning back towards her locker, "You're annoying."

Lydia smiled even brighter opened the locker door to get a better look at the attractive, raven-haired girl. "I love your shoes."

"Can I help you?" The girl called, not bothering you look at Lydia, as she shuffled though her locker. The shorter girl cleared her throat and waited for the tall woman to look at her.

Lydia smiled even bigger as the girl's eyes slowly dragged towards her, Lydia's eyes squinted in delight.. "No, but I would like to help you, I'm Lyd-"