𝐭𝐰𝐨

sacrifice - two

April stared down at the notes Lydia handed her in disgust. Math was not her strong suit, it wasn't her father's either so that definitely never helped when she was younger and asked for help with her math homework.

She'd taken pre-algebra in the eighth grade and algebra I in her freshman year, it apparently was going to make algebra II much easier.

It didn't.

Why did math have to take up three pieces of paper?

Lydia seemed to be uneffected as she handed a large stack of papers to April, the strawberry blonde was speaking on terms of math but all April's mind corresponded was; "blah blah blah, I'm hot, blah blah, letters in math."

Why were there letter in math again? Isn't the alphabet a whooole different area?

"Did you hear me?" Lydia asked as she quickly flipped through a notebook and highlighted some things. "I said that if you need anymore help my cell number is written on the inside of this notebook."

Lydia rolled her eyes in annoyance as April just stared at Lydia. "Yeah, um thanks for the notes." April glanced down at the problems that stared back at her. "I'll definitely be calling you tonight."

Lydia gave a satisfied smile to April as something behind the raven-haired girl caught her attention. "April this is my other best friend, Allison!"

April turned around and two girls caught her attention. Which one on was Allison?

Not looking at anyone in particular she send the two girls a smile, "Lovely to meet you, Lydia has told me lots."

The tallest of the two took a step forwards and gave her a shy smile, "Really? It's nice to meet you.. Uhm, A-April— right?"

April's smile lifted as she nodded, "And whose this?"

The other girl suddenly looked up from the ground and pointed a finger at herself in confusion. "Me?"

Lydia rolled her eyes in annoyance, "Yes you. " Lydia's attitude grew impatient as she waited for the introductions to finish.

"Lux Banner and I'm busy... Sooo Allison let's get a move on." She stepped forward and gripped Allison's arm— dragging her towards the from entrance.

April gave Lydia a concerned look and watched as the two girls hurried out the school building. "That was..."

"Anything that involves those two is beyond weird, don't get me started on Allison's 'not so boyfriend' boyfriend Scott and his weirdo friend too." Lydia pursed her lips and looked down to the time on her phone. "Well I should get going."

April gave Lydia a grin, "Thanks for being my friend today Lydia."

Lydia's small fell for a second as she gave April a small hug, "Thank you for being my friend, hopefully my notes don't make you as crazy as the math teacher's do."

   -

April had her hands on her hips as she stared at her father. He'd just got done explaining to her some really surprising details of his afternoon. Beside her, Jane Adams stood looking annoyed.

Her dad had gotten a job as a police officer because of his ever so longing fight for adventure.

"So it was Kate Argent who burnt all those people?" April asked her father who nodded in confirmation. She let out a loud sigh.

Her mom on the other and clapped her hands together. "I new it!" She shook her head in disgust. "I warned Thalia about that little bitch, god!"

"She was a teenager, babe." Timothy consoled with a sigh.

"I don't care about the Kate situation, " April muttered to herself before turning to her mother. "Are you really not worried that dad exposed himself to a bunch of teenagers and the alpha of this town?"

Jane and Timothy shared a look, then Timothy shrugged and pursed his lips.

"The alpha was a Hale, I could smell it all over him." He grabbed a beer from the fridge and walked back over to them. "I'm guessing he was Thalia's son Derek."

"The the teenagers?" April asked, worried she may run into them at school.

"They were hanging out with a Guardian, I'm sure they know about the supernatural." He ran a hand through his sandy coloured hair. "I know the alpha, so I'll have a visit and talk to him. I didn't know any of the Hale's still lived in town."

"Okay, what if the others didn't know that they were a Guardian?" Jane added with a raised eyebrow, "Did you think of that? Or were you just showing off?"

Timothy groaned and pouted with his arms crossed, "I wasn't showing off!"

"Dad.."

"Fine." He grumbled, "I tried to out roar the alpha, I won by the way."

"Oh my god, Tim!" Jane groaned and whipped out her cellphone.

As Jane walked out of the dining room Timothy let out a breath of relief. "Your mum scares the shit out of me."

April stared at her dad with a blank expression.

"Oh, don't tell me you're mad too." He groaned. "The teenagers obviously knew she was a Guardian because she was guarding a beta that had been locked up."

"What do you mean 'guarding'?" April asked in confusion.

Timothy let out a short laugh, "I mean guarding as in the damn girl almost snapped me in two!"

"Woah, really?" April asked with a smile of amazement, Guardians have always intrigued her.

"Yeah, your concern makes me feel so much better." He replied sarcastically.

"Sorry dad."

----