The Ball Part 2

His cold gaze remains fixed on me as he takes in my undressed state. I'm amazed by his cool demeanor despite the fact he just killed someone less than two seconds ago. However this look of indifference quickly morphs into disbelief. I don't understand why he's looking at me this way but his penetrating stare is unnerving and I clutch the sheets to my body to shield my nudity.

I've never felt so frightened and vulnerable in my life. I'm suddenly aware of how much I'm trembling but I can't help it. My body is in a state of shock and my mind can't seem to wrap around what just happened. I've never seen a person die, let alone be viciously strangled to death. I can't see Alex's dead body as it's below the edge of the bed but I know he's there. I'm tempted to look and confirm he's really dead but I know it's not a good idea.

The king is still glaring at me from across the room but he hasn't said a single word. Before I have the chance to say something, he approaches me. When he comes closer, I realize his eyes have darkened to where I can no longer see the grey in them.They appear only black and I can't help but instinctively crawl backwards until my back hits the bedpost. When a male shifters eyes look like that, it's never a good thing.

My fear doesn't phase him in the slightest as he advances towards me until he's directly beside me. I avert my gaze as panic settles over me. I try to take deep, calming breaths but instead they come out shallow and rapid. I wish the ground would swallow me up right now.

Suddenly, his cold fingers are gripping my chin as he forces my head up so he can get a better look at me. My green eyes meet his pitch black ones. Black has taken over the entirety of his eyes and it's frightening to think about what's going on in his mind right now.

I shut my eyes but I can feel the tears sliding down my cheeks. I whimper when I feel his finger swipe them away. He disregards my obvious discomfort and continues touching me.

"Please d-don't," I beg. As grateful as I am that he saved me, I don't want to be touched right now. I just want my clothes so I can leave.

"Amelia," he whispers under his breath. I almost don't hear him over the sound of my constant sniffling. I feel the bed dip only to find him sitting beside me. I'm clutching onto the sheets for dear life and I pray he doesn't try to do anything.

I don't want to assume the worst but my gut tells me I'm right. His hand is caressing my cheek as he takes in all of my features. I so desperately wish I were anywhere but here.

"My Amelia." His thumb gently strokes my bottom lip which is still trembling. The look in his eyes is that of adoration but I don't understand why. He looks at me like he's known me his entire life.

I shut my eyes as more tears come down. I'm crying at this point as I fear the king has similar intentions. I can smell his arousal and it only makes me cry harder.

"Shhhh," he tries to soothe me but it doesn't help in the slightest. I'm still shaking and I want nothing more than to be at home with my mom. I wonder if Stephanie is looking for me and if so I hope she's considered looking upstairs. Although I realize how unlikely that is considering most people aren't as stupid as I am.

His hands are caressing my hair and he brings his lips to my forehead. He places a gentle kiss there and I'm not sure how to react. He clearly has me confused for another woman.

"P-pl-please your g- grace, I- I'm not Am-melia. You m-must be mi-mistaken." I'm not sure how I manage to get any words out as I'm beyond petrified of him. He ignores me and continues placing kisses across my face. His kisses becomes more heated and I panic when he grabs my arms to bring my body closer to his. I let go of the sheets and push at his shoulders when his lips come close to my own.