We All Got Wood And Nails

A/N: Hey guys! I apologize that is chapter is so long, but I swear it worth it, especially if you enjoy the brotherly relationship between and Dick and Jason.

One last thing, music is heavy a muse in this chapter so if you're interested in any of the songs referenced in this chapter I will list them here for you:
"Brothers" by Defeater / Empty Days and Sleepless nights
"Jesus Christ" by Brand New / Album: The Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me
"Pachuca Sunrise" by Minus The Bear / Album: Acoustics
"Get Right" by Jimmy Eat World Album: Integrity Blues

"The blood between us, makes it all but true." —Defeater

The Black paneled van pulled in front of the theater before pulling around back, the old opera house standing cold with decay in its old age. Dick peered out the window, freeing a deep sigh into the still air. The remorse it held was thick, as was the history of the crumbling building. The pain and turmoil somehow emanating off it like smog drifting from the surface of a lake.

"I've always hated this place," he said, his words plagued with loathing.

"No shit," Jason added, understanding his fellow ex-Robin's conjecture. "I'm shocked the old man hasn't had this place torn to the ground yet."

"Who are you guys talking about?" Rose asked, obviously to the reference.

"No one important," Jason replied. "Just some old history we don't need to dig up."

"At least something here's gonna stay buried," X muttered and pulled the van to the back of the building where the old exit door waited.

Once there, he parked the van and the group exited to go over the plan.

"Okay, X and Rose, you two help me secure the perimeter, Dick and Raven, you go check inside and make sure it's clear."

"And what do we do if we come across anyone?" Raven asked nonchalantly.

The Outlaw shrugged and reached in his pocket. "If there's anyone inside they're probably homeless." He then produced a rather thick roll of cash and counted a few hundred dollars in twenties. "Just hand them like a hundred bucks and tell 'em to leave and go buy themselves a hot meal," and handed the thin stack to Dick.

He accepted the money, taking the sum in his gloved hand, donning the pair he'd received from Bruce.

"Okay," Dick agreed with a nod.

"You got your gun, right Grayson?"

Dick nodded unenthusiastically and began to turn away.

"Is it loaded this time?" Jason asked, his tone a tad harsh.

Dick turned back around and pulled the gun from his waistband and inserted the clip into the grip. "It is now."

"Good. Keep it that way."

Jason turned from him, getting ready to go about his task when he heard Dick's voice, thick with annoyance.

"You do realize I don't need this thing, right?"

"I'm very aware of that, Grayson, but that doesn't change the fact that you're out of your element and you don't have your toys to save you," The Outlaw replied a little condescendingly.

"Thanks for the confidence, J...son," Dick drawled, catching himself as he almost fell back on the controversial namesake. "But I'll be fine without my toys. "

"Yeah, I just don't want a repeat of 11 years ago. Bruce isn't here to save you this time."

"Low blow, Jay ," Dick growled, unhappy that he'd even use that night against him. "But as I recall, I was out saving your ass— again. " Venom rolled off his tongue, his untamed nightmare of a memory digging itself free from its grave like an unwelcome ghost.