chapter 6

"Come back here!" Jungkook yelled as he chased you across the school grounds.

You giggled mischievously and scurried further away from him, "Never!"

Halting after some distance, "You gotta pay for painting my face!" He huffed out in annoyance seeing that you were expertly escaping his grasp.

An idea clicked in his mind as he remembered a piece of crucial information that slipped his mind due to his workload, "You can't run forever, Y/N!" He screamed.

It felt like a hollow threat to you as you merrily ran.

You had moved the paintbrush across his face, covering his face with trails of different shades of green. It was done so intentionally that when he was about to start whining for getting only one pastry, you had grabbed one of the brushes from the set of brushes your classmate, San, was carrying to clean.

"You can run, Y/N, but you can't hide! I'm staying at your place for the next two weeks!" Jungkook announced, since his parents would be going out on a business trip he was staying with you.

Running like a headless chicken, you reached the school building and were about to enter inside when things got splattered on the wall as you heard his declaration.

You were so busy sneaking a glance at Jungkook when you heard him, that you didn't notice the glass door of the entrance. The thing that got splattered on the wall were you. You slammed into the door like a bug and fell back on your butt.

His evil laughter echoed in your ears as he rushed over your side to help you up.

Your glasses were pressed against your eyes painfully as you groaned. You heard his snicker before you saw him as you took off your glasses.

Jungkook tried to contain his laughter and rushed to help you up, "Pfft!" He stifled his laugh while comforting you.

You tried not to laugh at your condition as your nose was hurting badly, it was difficult to breathe but a snort escaped you and you winced.

"Stop laughing," Jungkook said to you as he tried his best not to do the same seeing your red nose. "You really should pay more attention to your surroundings." He said as he took out his handkerchief and handed it to you.

You were surprised that he didn't take his revenge.

He dusted off the dirt and held your shoulders, he saw your curious gaze fixated on him. "You can stop worrying about it. I'm not pulling any stunt as you did." He said referring to your childish prank.

After seeing that the redness of your nose was reduced, "Are you worried that I might do this?" He asked before pulling out a bunch of paint tubes from his pocket and squeezed them together while holding them over your head.

You were too stunned to see how the course of the event was changing, to do anything. Luckily you had removed your glasses and the pain in your nose has vanished. You were able to feel the cold paint on your head and the course of its flow down your back as it dripped smoothly.