The Color-Changing Sand

This was before the Karbala.

Our beloved Prophet had been told by Allah:

"When Hussain (عليه السلام) dies, no one will be there. Not you (صلى الله عليه وسلم). Not Fatima (رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه) . Not Hassan (عليه السلام). Not Ali (عليه السلام). Not Aisha (رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه)."

Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was about to leave on a journey. Allah had given him a bit of sand and said: "When the sand changes color to red, samjen ke Hussain (عليه السلام) shaheed ho geya hai (Believe that Hussain (عليه السلام) has become a Martyr)."

The prophet had taken the sand with him and left.

A while later, the sand changed color to red. The prophet cried for his dearest grandson, recalling the memories with him. Lady Aisha and Lady Fatima (رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه) saw him crying and asked; "Why are you crying?" The prophet replied to them with: "Hussain (عليه السلام) shaheed ho geya (Hussain (عليه السلام) has become a Martyr)!"

All wept. Lady Fatima (رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه). Lady Aisha (رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه). Lady Zainab (رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه). Hazrat Hassan (عليه السلام). Hazrat Ali (عليه السلام). Everyone.

Allah told the prophet:

"Do not cry. Hussain (عليه السلام) is still alive. Shaheed kabhi sachi men martey nahin (The Martyrs never truly die)."