. introduction .

hey ! what's your name ?

tanjiro knew about soulmates for his entire life, even has been excited about having one. his entire life, he waited and waited for his soulmate to come until one day where a small pen doodle appears on his skin ; causing an excited tanjiro to immediately reply by writing small notes on his skin to what he assumed to be his soulmate. though being told his soulmate couldn't read or write in advance would've been helpful.

they . . do know i can't read or write, correct . . ?

MAIN CAST ;

inosuke hashibira ; an aggressive yet strong male who's soulmate writes to him over and over again in the matter of a single day, though his only issue is he's illiterate. a fifteen year old boy who still lives underneath his mothers house, though he hangs outside with the boars in his backyard like a disney princess.

tanjiro kamado ; inosuke's soulmate, a fifteen year old boy who's more than excited to have a soulmate and always asks to meet the mysterious man who he writes to. though who told him that his soulmate can't read or write ? luckily, someone is there to assist his soulmate and write back to him. oh, he's also helplessly in love with inosuke despite not meeting him.

kotoha hashibira ; inosuke's mother. she spoils her son with all she has and treats her son like a mommy's boy ( which he is though won't admit to it ) ; she's also the one who writes back to tanjiro and explains what he's writing to inosuke. she's a caring and lovely lady, almost the exact opposite of her son. in the previous years when inosuke was an infant, she also had fled from an abusive relationship with his father.

kie kamado ; tanjiro's mother, she's always been there to reassure the boy about soulmates and no matter what has happened she's been there after the loss of tanjiro's father. she also helps out on what to ask his soulmate and how to approach him. her dear friend is kotoha, though she's completely unaware that the soulmate that her son has been writing to is kotoha's son.

nezuko kamado ; tanjiro's little sister. she cares a lot for her older brother and acts like his wingman to cheer him on. she has strong beliefs that her brother will one day meet his soulmate and constantly tells him what to write back and pushes him on to ask this boy to meet her brother at the coffee shop that they've both confirmed they live by.

zenitsu agatsuma ; tanjiro's friend and inosuke's friend and enemy. he's always hunting after nezuko to no avail and has no clue why tanjiro is constantly writing on his arm and why inosuke has those words upon his own arm. he's clueless and quite the coward crybaby with a perverted nature.

———————
© UZUISTHIGHS ; 2019
• modern and soulmate au •