. chapter one .

inosuke hashibira , a boy too stuck up for his own good , that was tanjiro's soulmate . a boy with no knowledge of soulmates existence , or knowledge of how to read or write .

so you know for a fact he was pretty damn shocked when he looked to his arm and saw random writing , well shocked as in bursting into his mothers room while panicking .

“ what . . what the hell ?! ” he snapped , alerting the black and blue haired female who immediately jolted up in her bed in shock , unsure of what he was so worked up about .

“ oh dear . . what happened this time ? ” she asked with a worried expression , hesitantly getting up from the bed and looking to the arm that her son immediately jutted out for her to see .

“ there's some scribbles that appeared on my arm ! ”

she tensed .

“ scribbles ? oh . . that . . scribbles ? oh ! oh my ! ” she exclaimed and immediately rushed over , looking to the ' scribbles ' on her sons arm and reading over what it said . she was right ! he had a soulmate , inosuke had a soulmate .

“ dear ! oh ! your soulmate , they're writing to you ! you should write back to them — ” she stopped after saying that , oh right . inosuke's issue , he never exactly grasped the concept of reading or writing , she was never able to help him grasp it . so , yes , her son was illiterate .

so , she decided to take matters into her own hands and went over to the bedside table , opening up the drawer and grabbing out a pen that was in there before walking back over and grabbing his arm , making him hold it out .

“ they asked for your name , dear . what do you want to say back ? ”

“ why do they want my name ? are they some type of stalker ? ”

kotoha jutted out her bottom lip in a way of pouting , obviously upset by his words , which immediately made inosuke's mommy's boy heart melt with guilt . ah . he upset her , he didn't want that . so he immediately shook his head , whining out .

“ sorry ! sorry . . just write my name , just my name . ”

kotoha immediately brightened back up and kissed his forehead happily , nodding along to his words . “ my son is growing up ! i'm so happy you finally found your soulmate ! ” she giggled out , pressing the pen to his arm and beginning to write .

‘ inosuke hashibira . what about you ? ’

it wasn't exactly what he wanted , but not like he could read it and scold her . she swore to hook these two up no matter what !

' he ' — tanjiro , seemed like a real sweetheart , just the right boy for her son .