XL. Right Now

[Form and Void]

Outside, a man, infected with the Darkness sickness, stumbled down the street. In a hardware store, someone grabbed various items from the shelves.

A voice rang out through the town that the man followed down an alley.

A video sounded. "H-a-t-e. It was with this left hand that old brother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low. L-o-v-e. You see these fingers? They're arched. These fingers have veins that run straight to the soul of man. The right hand, friends--the hand of love. No watch, and I'll show you the story of life. These fingers, dear hearts, is always a-warrin' an a-tuggin', one against the other. Now watch 'em. Old brother left hand--left hand hates a-fightin'."

"Can you talk?" Sam asked.

"And it looks like love's a goner." A voice on the radio said.

"Or are you too far gone?"

"But wait a minute."

"What?" The man questioned.

"Wait a minute." The voice on the video said. "Hot dog! Love's a winnin'. Yes, siree. It's love that won. And old left-hand is down for the count."

"Good answer." Sam said.

The Impala pulled into a driveway in a rural farmland. Dean, Jenna, and Holly got out, with Amara.

"Well, nice neighborhood." Dean commented.

"Yeah." Jenna agreed. "I pretty much grew up here. Learned to ride my bike down the road. Had my first kiss at that blue house over there. Lost my virginity up there."

"I'll bet blue house was pissed."

"She was." Jenna handed Amara to Dean. "Do you mind?"

"Yeah. Hey, beautiful."

"Anyway...That's why I asked you two to bring us here. After everything that happened, it just feels safe."

"Well, good." Holly said with a nod. "Safe is good."

Amara was fussing and Dean told her softly, "Shh, shh, shh, shh!"

"You're so great with her." Jenna noted.

"Well, what can I say? Chicks dig me. Well, look, we should, uh..."

"Right. Sure."

"You're gonna be okay, both of you."

"I know. What about you two and Sam? Are you gonna be okay?"

Dean glanced at Holly before saying, "Well, for us, the bar's pretty low. See ya."

"Dean. Holly. Thank you...for everything."

Jenna's grandmother came out of the house. "Jenna!"

Dean and Holly left and Jenna went into the house.

"Hi, grandma." Jenna said.

"After you called, they did a big report on the news." Her grandmother replied. "That weatherman I don't like with the big teeth, he said some kind of freak storm hit Superior."

"Yeah. It was...crazy."

"Well, don't you worry. If that thing rolls our way, I've got a generator and enough canned green beans to last til Judgment Day."

"Good to know."

"And this must be Amara. Oh. What a little angel."

"Yeah. She's a miracle."