It was only a kiss.

It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this! It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss!

I looked up from my new book, Ricochet and glanced around the bookshop. My eyes fell upon this man, he was quite tall and he has dark brown curls that had a mind of their own, he was skimming through a marvel comic. We were the only people in the bookstore, it was sad really, everyone's on their phone nowadays and hardly anyone in a bookshop. I was here to buy 2 books, both about David Bowie, I adore him! I realised the man was in the section I needed to be in, so I made my way there. I saw my book! After 5 minutes of searching that section! There it was, but it was in the top shelf, and me being quite short, I had no chance of reaching it. The man looked up from his comic and smiled softly, he had gorgeous forest-green eyes. I huffed, realising I couldn't reach my book, I turned to him and asked him if he could get it down for me. He grinned, reached up effortlessly and pulled the book down for me. "You like bowie huh?" He remarked softly as he passed it to me.  "I love him!" I said happily, taking the book under my arm. " I like him a lot too, Space Oddity is my favourite" the handsome stranger replied. "I like Hang Onto Yourself" I smiled as I said that. The reason I loved that song, was because it resonated with me, for some weird reason. I needed to hang onto myself, David taught me that. "Thank you for getting my book down,...." I paused, I didnt know his name. "PJ" he replied, smiling, "and you are very welcome,...".  " Y/N" I replied, giggling softly. "Well Y/N would you like to come to the music shop with me? I see you are a music fan and it is just down the road." He said it lightly but his eyes looked pleading. "Sure PJ, after I pay of course" I laughed. "I'm headed there anyway! Some cool company wouldn't go amiss. " I smiled at him. He was handsome and we liked the same music, oh God what have I got myself in for.

*time skip brought to you by David Bowie's eyelash*

==at the music shop==

"Hey PJ, should I buy this Green Day - Uno vinyl or this David Bowie - Legacy vinyl? I asked him. He looked very thoughtfully at the 2 vinyls in my hands for a couple of seconds, he looked adorable if I'm honest, wait no, he didnt, I'm not falling for him. "Well I think the Green Day one, as you bought 2 Bowie books earlier, y/n." he answered, smiling. " Yeah, good call... " I was about to turn and pay but something stopped me, " Wait, how did you know I bought 2, the other has been in my bag since before I met you? " I asked, confused. "Well,...." He began awkwardly, " I was watching you and you looked real cute when you found the book you were looking for. " He spoke fast, and immediately after he said it, he blushed crimson. I smiled at him and he blushed more and laughed shyly. "You are cute too PJ" I giggled. I felt like a schoolgirl confessing to her crush, but he- I- damn it, I've fallen for him. I went to pay, and PJ waited for me, he had bought a poster of Bowie playing guitar. "Hey PJ, so you wanna get some Greggs?" I asked, smiling. " Yes I'm starving! " PJ replied.

*time skip brought to you by Wiggles The Clown*
==at greggs==

We both bought a chicken bake (they are pastries with chicken filling, they are really nice), as PJ took a big bite out of his and began munching away, the sauce came out of the pastry and went all over his chin, I laughed and picked up a napkin and wiped it away, once I had finished I realised how close our faces were, and how I felt his breath on my skin, I blushed and our eyes met, suddenly the gap between our faces was closing rapidly, and I wasn't thinking straight, I closed the gap, our lips met and we shared a quick kiss. We both realised at the same moment and us being incredibly shy, we both pulled away quickly. We both giggled childishly and I realised I had fallen for him, hard. Our eyes met and we both blurted out what was on our minds, "I like you." I was over the moon, I could tell PJ was too, although we were complete strangers, a passer-by could've easily mistaken us for long time friends. I felt odd, falling in love with someone I had just met, but it felt right.
It was weird to me, the word 'like' had always been child-like, like something from secondary school, but here I was, grinning like a fool, because someone i'd met a couple of hours before, 'Likes' me. I felt unlike myself, but change is good.

865 words ∆