3. Offers

Everyone had one thing on their mind as the two strangers left in a blue portal of sorts. Crisis.

"Infinite universes? A multiverse? How is that even possible?" Steve asked his team as everyone gathered again once Barry and Oliver left.

Rocket scoffed as he reached for something in his pocket, holding a small device in his paws as he messed with it every few seconds.

"Oh it's very possible" he exclaimed "With every decision we make, there's a parallel reality where you do the opposite-"

Steve and Bucky glanced at him in confusion, time travel and multiverses was still something they didn't quite comprehend.

"How- wait?"

"Let's say Thor never killed Thanos, in a different universe, he'd still be skinny."

Rockets groaned as he attempted to dumb it down with a joke which seemed to get Steve's attention. He slowly started to understand it a bit more.

"So if we don't go now, we lose all over again-"

"Barry, we probably just lost the only allies we were going to find-"

Barry and Oliver returned to the speed lab on this earth empty handed. Barry had hoped so much that they'd convince the strangers to follow, but their time was running out.

"Looks like we'll have to go into this crisis with what we already have" Barry suggested, even if they were expecting more "If anything, at least we'll have Kara's team of aliens-"

As the two were talking, Cisco ran into the empty room expecting other worldly company, but he quickly became disappointed.

"Ah man, what happened to the plan?" Cisco asked "I gave you multiple hot spots that should've been potential for new recruits!"

"We found one out of the five we visited, but it doesn't look like we made it through to them" Oliver replied. He and Barry hoped to get through to their new friends, but their attempts failed so far.

"So these people were just okay with going extinct?" Cisco asked with a scoff, it didn't seem like something he could easily comprehend.

Barry nodded for a look of disappointment on his face "You didn't see it, it looked like they had nothing else to lose."

"We can't save everyone Barry, I learned that the hard way" Oliver placed a hand on Barry's shoulder, hoping he would find some sorts of comfort in his words, but Barry held on to that worry.

"Sometimes the broken cant be fixed."

Barry gave him a half hearted nod as he took a seat, only to jump back on his feet immediately afterwards.

A breach opened up in the speed lab, catching Barry and Oliver off guard along with Cisco as well.

"What now!" Oliver muttered.

The three stepped back quickly as multiple figures emerged from the breach, as the light shined through Barry could quickly recognize some familiar faces.

His look of confusion quickly became one of surprise when Barry saw who came through. Before he could speak, one of the figures stepped forwards out of the small group.

"On your left-"

"Steve?" Barry asked. He was taken back, what could've made them rethink their offer? If they even accepted it.

"I-I don't understand-"

"We just got everything back, and lost so much in the process, why lose more" Steve Rogers explain as he glanced around at the new surroundings.

Even Steve himself seemed impressed as he also glanced around before he got back to the topic at hand.

"The red skies you mentioned came faster than you thought, we-"

Steve paused, it seemed as if he he couldn't push himself to say whatever was next.

"We could only save so many people- our old headquarters was the last to go-"

Barry paused as well, as he glanced at Oliver and Cisco as they listened.

"How many did you lose?"

"Too many" Steve replied, looking around at the people who stood in the room with them "We're all that's left."

Cisco felt the tension in the room as he quickly walked over to shake hands with Steve first "Okay! Well I'm Cisco, nice to meet you guys and- who are all of you?"

Steve returned his handshake before motioning to everyone behind him. Introducing everyone to Cisco and his friends as they walked in to join the crowd.

"Wait until Frost hears this" Cisco muttered. More introductions were on the way.

"So-" Steve muttered "Got room for the rest of us?"