I'm Sorry.

He shouldn't be doing this.

Like— Really. He shouldn't.

He had already messed up their relationship far beyond repair after making a deal with Shadowy Figure. Spent his time on this planet, making a fool of himself to think power was all that could make his heart feel the same as it did before.

And yet, Professor Venomous was standing within the island of his laboratory, horribly attempting to eyeball the amount of icing he needed to decorate to the top of his cake. An 'I'm Sorry' cake—or, at least, what was meant to be read from the dribbles of pink icing that laid upon the chocolate cake. As he had frantically worked through making the mixture, Fink had offered to help work on it with him. But, through some sobs, the villain declined, saying something off of the lines that it needs to be special. He didn't even bother to add a creamy exterior to it, after his heart sunk from waiting half-an-hour for the cake to bake.

He did, however, want to add an extra decoration to it.

A heart.

Venomous didn't want to explicitly write "I love you." or some other sappy line to the top of it because he wasn't sure if Boxman would want him back. Obviously, he didn't want to surprise the man with an "I still love you." after everything he did wrong. Additionally, Boxy deserved an apology. He was too caught up in a power fantasy, has his son's Turbo form destroy the people of the plaza, destroy Box—. . .

. . . So he decided against writing that.

What he did put, however, was a heart-shaped sugar cookie. Covered sloppily with the leftover icing. Finally, placed neatly atop the chocolate cake, it all came together. It looked like an organized disaster. Though, to him, an effort.

After wrapping it up in a catering box, Professor Venomous wrapped himself up in a scarf and set out to visit the Earth again. In one of his previous visits to the plaza, he had learned that Boxman had retired. Moved out from Boxmore, and now resided elsewhere, leaving his children to care for the facility. From one of their bedroom talks, they actually discussed a similar event. What did they want to do after villainy? Did they want a future together after that, or would they just continue being villains until they visit the cornfields above? Unfortunately, the two hadn't entertained such an idea much, being more caught up in petty villainy. But he wished they did.

. . . .

The first action he took once resurfacing his home planet was to find where Boxman was. To do that, he'd likely get information from one of the people that have constantly been around him— Unlike Venomous himself.- However, instead of going to Boxmore (it used to be 'Box-It-Venom.) himself, he decided to visit the heroes instead. One that he's known in the past— Carol.

After easily locating the home, he saw Carol tending to the lawn out front, who, in turn, noticed him approaching her home from the sidewalk. That helps, he supposes, as he wouldn't have to awkwardly greet her from her doorstep.

"Hey, Laserbl— . . . Venomous.", she started, pausing her work to address the other properly, before raising a brow slightly to deliver a question. "What are you doin' here?"

Venomous shuffled the cake underneath his coat, before returning the greeting.

"Hello, Carol. I wanted to. . .  ask you about something.

"If you're here to talk K.O., he doesn't want to talk to you.", Carol then harshened her tone.

"No—I'm not here for that. I just— I wanted to ask about Boxman.", he replied, narrowing his eyes slightly.