Arms Tonite.

"Hey, (hey). You, (you). Don't you think it's kinda cute that I died, right inside your arms tonight?"

Arms Tonite - Mother Mother

....

Boxman stood tall—for the short man he was—, holding Fink closely to his side.

Professor Venomous, however, wasn't here. Instead, standing before him was a horrid reflection of his form, covered in thick fabrics colored ash grey. He couldn't accept that the person before him was Venomous. It just— couldn't be true. That Venomous wanted this to happen. But he was aware that the other let it happen anyways.

The plaza was in complete chaos, the once vibrant, blue sky now dimmed to a dull indigo. The buildings were destroyed again, as it once was when P.O.I.N.T. came to Lakewood Plaza Turbo.

Shadowy... Venomous. What that liar called himself. A spat out title that poisoned his fond memories of the professor. It wasn't him. It couldn't have been him.-

Boxman attempted to make a slow approach, still holding close to their organic daughter.

"Venomous, you're in there... Aren't you?", he started in a hushed, desperate tone, before raising it to puncture the other's heart. "You see what's happening around here, don't you?"

Delivered back was a menacing, distorted cackle, followed by a wide grin splayed on his once comforting expression. Shadowy Venomous then spoke. How horrid his words have been.

"Can't you see? This is all I ever wanted from you! Making deals with you, moving in with you—" (It's been so lonely without you, Boxy. . .) Shadowy Venomous paused, before uncomfortably shifting his posture. Be quiet. ". . . It was all so that I could gain more power. And, now . . ." The snake spits out another gross cackle.

"I finally have it."

Despite the horrors creeping through his mind, he couldn't let himself get caught in Shadowy's lies.

P.V. would never do this on purpose. You know that, don't you?

. . . .

Venomous stood, helplessly reaching a palm out to the screen within his mind, able to see all that happened without being able to control it. Earlier, he— He couldn't understand it. He was... having fun. Destroying the plaza, beating others in tournaments. He couldn't help it, right? He wasn't a monster. He wasn't that power-hungry. It's all just euphoria that Shadowy wants to make him feel. That's what he kept trying to convince himself.

However, he didn't want those thoughts to distract him. Instead, he focused on what was happening now. Before, he felt like he had some control. As sickening as that sounded, he was able to at least consciously process it. This moment, however, was different. The professor felt himself sinking. Sinking down to such a depth where all he could do was hear pleas, and see how hard Boxman was struggling to combat Shadowy Figure.

This was exactly how it felt when you told him to leave, isn't it?

. . . . .

"Venomous, if you're still in there, please. . . I need you, we need you.", Lord Boxman called out to the professor, inching another step. Losing grip of one hand from the engineer's leg, Fink then shouted at the entity, joining in with Boxman's pleas.

"Boss!! I'm sorry, Boss!... I shouldn't have told ya that Shadowy Figure was takin' control of you. I'm sorry. . .", she told Professor Venomous, her tone filling with sadness as she quieted in the end.