☆ ice skating

"I can't."

"Oh, come on. It's not that bad."

"I'm going to fall on my face," Timothée stated. We've been dating for almost a year now and I've decided to take us ice skating. My best friend worked here and was able to let us use it after hours for a while.

"Well, if you do, I can be your princess in shining armour." I let out a giggle as I walked behind the service counter. I found a pair that would fit both of us a walked to one of the benches.

Timothée let out a sigh before putting them on. I finished lacing mine and walked towards the ice. Once I got on, I skated in small circles to adjust to everything. I turned around to see Timothée standing awkwardly at the entrance. I moved towards him.

"I lied when I said I could skate." He muttered under his breath, looking at the floor.

"Oh really? I didn't notice." The sarcasm dripped from my mouth and he looked up smiling.

"I just wanted to impress you."

"You don't have to make things up to impress me." I smile before leaning up to press a chaste kiss to his lips. I grabbed one of his hands and placed it on the border that lines the rink. I went to his open side and wrapped one of my arms around his waist. He gently got on the ice and we were able to make one full round around the rink without him falling.

"I think I can do this now," Timothée announced timidly. I let go of his waist and he slowly lifted his hand from the wall. He started moving slowly to the centre of the rink. I was about to let out a cheer of praise until he fell straight on his butt. He let out a groan of pain and I skated over to make sure he's okay.

"At least you didn't fall on your face," I said, holding my hand out for him to take. I helped him get up and he quickly put both of his hands on my waist.

"Why did I agree to come?" Timothée's face buried in my neck. I let out a laugh.

"You agreed to this because you love me." I joked. He moved his face to be right in front of mine. His piercing green eyes bore into mine.

"That is true." He said before leaning in and kissing me. Even though we've been together for a long time, every kiss we share is like the first. He pulls away and lets out a deep breath. His face went from happy to nervous fast and I became confused.

"What is it, Timmy?" My arms wrapped around his neck and I tilted my head to the side. He grabbed my arms and pulled them down, holding them in between us. He let go and backed up.

"(y/n)," He looked extremely uncomfortable. I started to freak out inside. "I really do love you." I smiled at his words.

"I love you, too. Is everything okay?" My face fell. There was something he wasn't telling me. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small velvet box. My breath hitched in my throat.

"Timmy... What?" I didn't know what to say. Even in the cold rink, I started to sweat.

"It's not a ring, at least not yet," he started before opening the box in front of me, "It's a key to my apartment. I was wondering if you'd want to take the next step and move in. We could also move into your place, too. Like it's your choice." I stood there in shock, trying to grasp what he was asking.

"You know what, just forget I asked anything. It's stupid." Timothée became really nervous and shit the box. He put it back in his pocket.

"Yes," I announce. He looked back up at me while a large smile, "I would love to move in with you!" I jumped on him and we tumble to the ice.

We didn't care about the pain at that moment. We were too preoccupied with the amazing news. The two of us laid there, laughing and kissing for a few minutes until the lights in the rink turned off completely. We struggled to get off the rink using our phone flashlights. The rest of the night was spent at his place watching movies and eating take out food.