☆ metal mouth

( I hope you like it Paulieeen )

"Why does he have to be here?" You droned on at your friend, Pauline.

She turned around in the chair at her desk, eyebrows raised, "My brother is always here and you know that. Yet, it always manages to be a surprise."

"Well, Timothee isn't exactly my favourite person in this household," You dropped your overnight bag in the corner, "And in the world, either." You mumbled.

Pauline laughed before standing up and moving towards you. "Don't worry, he should be leaving soon for a stupid party. C'mon, let's go watch a movie."

The two of you make your way downstairs and into the kitchen. You looked around at her house which has become a second home for you. Ever since you were little, you'd spend every day after school here with Pauline. She was the greatest and most caring friend you could ask for. Even if she was four years older than you.

Her brother, Timothee, was never found of you. It started off in the third grade. You were in class and he sat behind you. That day your hair was in a low ponytail and he was persistent in pulling on it every ten minutes.

After that, the name-calling ensued. Nicknames like freckle face, four-eyes, and, your most loathed one of all, metal mouth.

It wasn't just the name-calling and pulling of piggy tails that angered you. It was the fact that each time you tried to hang out with a guy for once, he would always intervene and drive the guy away by telling embarrassing stories of you.

It never stopped even during high school and now, as adults, he continues to annoy you. He constantly hovered over you with persistent insults and irritating quips.

Pauline and you were about half an hour into a movie when Timothee came striding down the stairs and to the front door. The moment he spotted you on the couch, a grin stretched across his face.

"Hey, sis, " He acknowledged Pauline before moving to you, "Sup, metal mouth."

"I got my braces removed eight years ago." You mumbled while crossing your arms.

"You heading out?" Pauline chimed in. 

"Yeah." Before the conversation could continue, the abrupt sound of the front door opening and closing sounded through the room.

"Real chatty, that brother of yours." You sarcastically stated before turning back to your movie.

______________

It was sometime past midnight and your eyes were struggling to stay open. Another movie was playing, but your mind could barely pay attention to it. Pauline had been asleep for a long time now and there was no sign that she'd be waking up anytime soon.

There was a loud bang at the front door. It startled you so much that you felt the adrenaline pulse through your body. The drowsiness from before was gone.

The door creaked open and you watched with fear. You didn't want to know what was on the other side of that door. The seconds felt like hours as it slowly unlocked.

Instead of a creepy monster or insane killer, an extremely drunk and disoriented Timothee stumbled into the house. He tried to walk forward but slammed his head against a wall.

"Woah," He mumbled, "Didn't know there was a wall there." He continued to try and walk away, only to hit the same wall again.

You were quite amused by his state and you wanted to continue watching, as it was more entertaining than what was on the TV, but resisted. He was obviously not in the best frame of mind and you'd want someone to help if it was you. So you begrudgingly got up and made your way to him.