☆ promise

"Honey, if you shake any more you might just phase through this car." Timothee's voice pulls you out of your dream. The two of you sat in a nice limousine, making your way to an award show. You are an extremely anxious and a cup half empty person, so it was only normal that your body felt like it could run a mile. To top it off, the only thing that filled your stomach currently was an iced coffee from a few hours ago.

"I don't think I can do this." Your voice was shaky. Timothee grabbed your hand, scooting closer to you.

"Everything will be fine, babe. You don't need to worry." He softly rubbed shapes onto the top of your hand.

An exasperated sigh left your mouth, "They're going to be looking at me."

"They won't and if they are, all they'd see is my beautiful girlfriend." Timothee kissed your forehead and rested his chin on top of your head.

"Timothee," You whined, "You should know that doesn't help."

All he did was chuckle and kiss your forehead again, "C'mon babe, we're here." This news brought a wave of even more panicked emotions over you. Timothee saw that it was more serious than he initially thought. "Just stick beside me. I don't want you to leave my side."

A security guard opened the door and all you could see was a rolling red carpet and the flashes from cameras. Timothee got out and turned back around, holding his hand out for you. Your nimble and shaking hands reached out and grasped his. You've always liked the feel of his hands. They were large compared to yours and always warm. The callouses he had never bothered you.

The flashing cameras and yelling reporters made you feel like you were in a small room. Your feet moved without thought. Timothee put his arm around your waist and his head leaned down to whisper in your ear. "I hope you know I'm happy that you've come. Baby, this means a lot."

"Well, you're lucky I love you. Otherwise, I wouldn't have come." You let out a little giggle.

Timothee laughed, his chest vibrating against your side. "I love you too. Now, let's get this over with. I wanna cuddle and watch a stupid show on Netflix when we get home."

The two of you made your way down the carpet. The reporters kept shouting questions at Timothee, but he didn't answer. You were at the section where they take all the photos and it felt like there was a pit in your stomach. Your grip on his hand tightened.

"Hey, babe, just stay calm." He raised your connected hands and kissed your knuckles. The reporters went wild, but all you could focus on was his eyes. He turned away with a smile and continued to guide you down the carpet.

It was getting harder to breathe. "Timothee, I don't feel well."

He moves you over behind a curtain. Nobody could see you two and it was a nice place to calm down. His hands move to your cheeks as he looks directly at you.

"Honey, it's okay. Nothing bad is going to happen as long as I'm here." He started to kiss all over your face slowly, "You are doing an incredible job."

"What are they going to say about me?" You questioned.

"Stupid things that don't matter." He dismissed while brushing his thumbs across your cheeks. "Tonight will be alright."

You held out your pinky finger. "Promise?"

"Promise." He chuckled as he shook it with his pinky. "Now, let's go have some fun." The two of you made your way to the grand hall where all the celebrities sat at tables. The two of you had a table with a few celebrities and it wasn't as bad as you thought. The room had mood lighting and was dark, so nobody could see the redness on your cheeks.

Timothee rested his arm across the top of the chair you were sitting in. The chairs were positioned close to each other and your back leaned against his side. The award show was entertaining and you had no problem with staying there. Of course, at times where you got nervous, Timothee was there to whisper sweet nothings into your ear. The night was droning on and you zoned out.

"And the award goes to..." There was a slight pause, "Timothee Chalamet!" The host says excitedly into the microphone. You thrust forward and then turn towards your boyfriend, a large smile plastered across your face. He looked a bit shocked but got up nonetheless. Before he approached the stage, he leaned down and kissed your forehead.

As he stood at the podium, he started his speech. "Okay... Wow. Um... This is incredible. I didn't think that I would be gifted this honour. Especially with all the other talented actors nominated. I cannot thank you all enough. To my family, who has supported me since I was a kid, I love you so much. (Y/n), you have been a tremendous support and have stuck with me through thick and thin. I love you, baby." He finished off his speech by holding the award up, "This is for you."

Your face was burning as he walked off the stage and sat back down in his chair. Everyone put their attention back to the stage where the host was announcing the next lineup of people. Timothee, however, was looking at you.

"I'm so proud of you." You told him. He leaned in and kissed you on the lips.

"All for you, babe."