Interruption

*Edited for detail/grammar change (July 2022)

Gwen woke up feeling sore. Happy, but sore. She was sore in places she didn't think she could be sore.

She got up from the bed, and headed to the shower. She showered quickly, before putting on a sundress, and heading to the kitchen. She grabbed a bowl of left over pasta from the fridge, and popped it into the microwave. While it was heating, she grabbed a large glass and filled it with water. She downed half of it before taking a breath.

"There you are, little one."

Gwen internally groaned. She wanted a small break. Was that too much to ask for?

"Hey, Thor. Give me a few minutes to eat, before we start again."

Thor nodded his head, and sat at the table. Gwen filled another glass of water and gave it to Thor. Once the pasta was done, she pulled it out of the microwave, grabbed a fork, and dug in. Her appetite was enormous. Thor chuckled at the rate at with which she ate.

"What? I'm hungry." Gwen said, before gulping down the rest of her water.

"I have no doubt that you are." Thor said, smiling slightly.

As she ate, a thought occured to her.

"How long are you here for?"

"As long as my father wishes, I suppose."

Gwen frowned. She quickly finished the pasta, and put the bowl in the sink.

"Surely you'd get to go back soon, though. Right?"

"Unfortunately not. I have to stay here until he feels as if I've changed enough."

Gwen walked over to him, and put her arms around him.

"Well it's a good thing I was here then. Other people wouldn't have been as receptive. I, on the other hand, am not those people."

She pressed a kiss to his cheek, before standing up. She moved to grab something else from the fridge, but stopped when Thor grabbed her hand.

"What?"

Thor pulled her on to his lap, hands on either hip.

"What's wrong?"

"You have a kind heart. You let me into your home, gave me your food, and showed me hospitality when you did. You didn't have to."

Gwen cupped his face with her hand, gently brushing her thumb across his cheek.

"I would've done it regardless. My mother raised me to treat people the way I want to be treated. You were someone who was in need of help. I did what people have done for me in the past."

"Your mother sounds like a formidable woman."

Gwen nodded, a smile adorning her face.

"Indeed." She said, standing up.

She walked the doorway of the hallway, and looked over her shoulder.

"You coming?"

.......

Gwen's heat lasted for three more days. Three, bliss filled day. After it was over, loads upon loads of laundry were done, and several ice baths were taken.

"I have to go into town, to meet the others. You're welcome to join me, if you want." Gwen said, trying to braid her hair.

"I would love to."

After trying to braid it three more times, Gwen gave up and put into a half up/half down look. She did a quick change into a grey short sleeve t-shirt, with a pair of pink shorts. After slipping on a pair of flats, she grabbed her car keys.

"I'm ready," She said, shutting the tv off. "We'll meet the other at the diner."

Thor nodded, following Gwen out to her Jeep. On the way town, Thor couldn't keep himself from looking at Gwen. He took note of her long, wavy black hair. He noted how her eyes sparkled like the water on the open sea. The way he could see what few freckles she had, scattered along her shoulders and nose.

Gwen was unaware of the look Thor was giving her. She was busy with thoughts of her own. She was concerned. With Coulson nearby, there was a risk that Thor could be discovered. She couldn't let that happen. Not now. She had to get Thor home. She would do everything in her power to make sure of that. She would make sure this little interruption wouldn't get her way.

////

AN: I'm sorry for the long wait. Life got in the way, and I had hit a writing block. Hopefully things will be better this time around!