Chapter 19

"Wait, I don't get it. Do you know my brother?" Darrius asked in confusion. The woman, who was pacing across the room, shouting words in a language Darrius didn't understand, stopped everything and turned to Darrius with a sad look in her eyes.

"Yes. I do know your.... brother, but I'm not sure you will call him that after you know the truth."

"It all began yesterday afternoon." The woman said as she began retelling the past.

"I was walking home, as I had forgotten my key to the shop when I passed by a dark alleyway. My werewolf senses heightened up and my wolf could smell the aura of an alpha." The woman explained carefully.

"I wondered as to what an alpha would be doing in a dark, creepy alley. I shrugged off the thought, not wanting to get into a problem that wasn't my concern."

"So I began to walk away from the alley when I heard the scream of a little girl."

"I turned my head back towards the sound of the scream and it was coming towards the alleyway. So I got thinking, what if the alpha was cruel and tortured the younglings?"

"So after looking around to check if anyone else was there, I walked into the dark alleyway."

"I hid behind a pile of trash as I watched the scene in front of me."

"In front of my eyes, I saw a man, who had the aura of an alpha, choking another man, who was probably the one who screamed."

"The alpha then threw him to the ground and the man quickly scrambled towards a box. He then pulled out a bottle and handed it to the alpha, who then told something to the guy before walking out the alleyway."

"Oh his way out however, he dropped the bottle on his way out, which caused it to roll towards me. I gulped as he stared at me carefully as if he was examining me as I sat behind the pile of trash."

"He then bent down to pick up the bottle and whispered, 'I won't hurt a pregnant woman but tell anyone about this and I'll rip your head off' before walking away."

"I AM NOT EVEN PREGNANT!" The woman cried out as she looked down at her stomach.

"Am I that fat and hideous?" She questioned teary-eyed.

Darrius jumped off the counter and held the forty-year-old's hand. He then spoke with his heart saying,

"You're not fat, you're beautiful just the way you are. My brother is an idiot, I don't know what's gotten into him when he called you pregnant. He probably needs glasses again."

The woman began to chuckle at the young man's words. She then pinched his cheeks and said softly,

"Thank you, dear, I really needed that. I swear if I didn't have a mate and kids back home, I would've---

"Thank you," Darrius said nervously.

"Though, what I don't get is what does this story have to do with me?" Darrius asked perplexed.

The woman's face turned serious as she stared into the eyes of the ex-alpha. She then cleared her throat before raising her hand on the man's shoulder and said quietly,