vi. this wasn't you

┏━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┓CHAPTER SIX

┏━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┓
CHAPTER SIX.
THIS WASN'T YOU
┗━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┛

GIDEON WALKED INTO THE waiting room, handing a cup of coffee towards Hotch, "Coffee?" Hotch looked up from the ground, shaking his head lightly.

"No," he answered, causing Gideon to set the cup down on the small table before him.

Gideon let out a long sigh, "We don't have enough for a profile yet, not a good one. Some generalities..."

"—Not enough to catch him," Hotch commented whilst rubbing his temple. His head pounded due to the migraine he had. A short moment of silence hung over the two.

"Press conference was the thing to do, right?" Gideon questioned.

"Sorry?"

"—Brought the unsub out into the open, he made a mistake, left a partial print," Gideon continued, talking about what had happened to Evangeline, "We wouldn't have had that." Hotch's gaze fell back down upon the floor, staring at it like it was the most interesting thing in the world. The unsub had used her blood to write the word 'rules' on her bedroom wall, and left a partial print. His stomach churned at the thought. "It was really the only way to go. I did the right thing. I did my job. Angel will understand that." Gideon began to head out of the waiting room, "She'll understand."

▬▬▬

"Reid and Garcia think they've I.D.'d the unsub," Gideon said as he walked up towards Hotch, who was currently in the same exact position he was in before.

"How?" Hotch asked, sitting up in his seat a bit.

"I don't know, but one of us should be there."