12

Troye sat in the waiting room, anxiously tapping his feet. He was so nervous that something would go wrong but the doctors assured him that it'd be okay.

"First time?" A man across the room quietly said to Troye.

"Yeah" Troye smiled slightly and then went back to tapping his feet and playing with his fingers.

"I have 7 now, I guess, every time I sit in these chairs, it feels like the first time again. They're miracles" The guy weeped out. Troye nodded and smiled in response.

"Troye Mellet, your girlfriend can be seen now, just follow me" A nurse said, Troye got butterflies, knowing this would be the end of his relationship with Liz and the start of a relationship of with his son.

Troye slowly walked into the room, Liz was alone, trying to sleep. She opened her eyes when she heard footsteps.

"Hi, how'd everything go?" Troye whispered, as he brushed her loose hair behind her ear and sat on the edge of the bed.

"They ripped a baby out of my belly basically. The baby is fine though. Healthy weight and color and shit. Made me sad when it started crying. But I'm not ready for a baby. He's better off with a new family" Liz said quietly, Troye smiled after hearing that Finn was healthy.

"I know. I'm glad you're okay. I have to head out though" Troye stated.

"Why? Can't you stay with me?" Liz pouted.

"I'll be back tonight." Troye lied, placing a long kiss on her forehead, and walking out of the room.

He felt bad for such a short goodbye, but if he would've stayed, the truth would've come out. He knows that Liz will be okay.

Troye made his way to the Nursery Center, where all the new babies get checked out and tested. A nurse signaled for him to come in, so he did.

"Do you have a name picked out...Mr.Mellet" She said, looking down at his visitor pass.

"Um yeah, Finley Jacob Mellet" he stuttered. The nurse handed him a pen and he shakily wrote his son's name on multiple papers.

"He's healthy. He's up to date on shots. He'll be okay to leave in about 10 hours as long as everything stays the same. We will monitor him in that time to make sure everything stays stable" The nurse stated blankly as if it was a script.

"Can... can I see him now though" He asked, feeling bad because the nurse seemed annoyed. The nurse nodded and led him to Finn.

He was wearing the tiniest little striped onesie, and he was sleeping with his arms and legs sprawled out. Troye quickly took a photo to send to Jacob, then put his phone away.

Troye scooped up the tiny baby in front of him, and immediately his eyes started watering.

"Hi little man" He whispered "I'm so glad you're healthy" He added while lightly touching Finn's small amount of hair. Finn stayed asleep.

"I promise to you that I'll keep you safe" Troye choked out quietly, "You and me against the world little dude". Tears started streaming down his face.

He's never felt so much joy and comfort. He knew that Finn was the reason he was bettering himself. Finn was the reason Troye hadn't given up. He wants a better life for Finn, better than he had ever had. He knows that it'll be possible, with the help of Jacob especially.