3

Chapter 2:

Saturday
10:15 AM

Jorja SmithOmniscient

Jorja Smith
Omniscient

Jorja and the kids have been in the barbershop for at least 30-45 minutes already. You would've thought all these men would've been at home sleep. Especially since it's 10 in the morning and plus it's a Saturday, but I guess not.

While they waited Jorja took a look around the shop. It still looked the same from when she used to come there after school years ago. The walls were still white and pictures of clients hung on them. The floors that were once a white tile were now covered with all different colors, textures, and lengths of hair. The place was just filled with a whole bunch of laughter and jokes.

It wasn't until five more minutes passed when
Mr.Robinson said he was ready for James. He elevated the chair and covered James with a black cape that had the barbershop's logo on it in bold white letters.

Teyana only allowed Mr.Robinson to cut his hair and Jorja don't blame her. She's the same way with Ava, only allowed certain people to touch her hair. You really can't trust everyone with your child's hair.

Jorja handed Ava her phone to keep her busy while we waited. She really couldn't stay still or quiet for a long period of time. If you didn't occupy her with something she'll find her way to get into stuff she had no business getting into.

10:45 AM

10:45 AM

Mr.Robinson was finally done cutting James hair after fourty minutes. Jorja got up from the dark brown plush couch and walked over to them as he lowered the chair.

"How much do I owe you?" Jorja pulled her purse from the back of her to the front. As she started to dig for some cash she felt a hand on mine, she looked up.

"Now you know I don't charge you when you come in here any other time. What makes you think this time is different?" He leaned over the back of the leather chair and looked over at her.

"I was just thinking you were going to take it this time to be honest." Jorja zipping her purse back up.

"Well you thought wrong." He took the cape off of James and let him up.