6

Chapter 5:

2 weeks later
Thursday
7:30 AM

2 weeks laterThursday7:30 AM

Jorja Smith

Omniscient

"Can we go get ice cream after school?"Ava said from the back seat of the car. Jorja was on her way to drop Ava off at school. She had taken today and tomorrow off to get some work done on her car. She didn't want to be driving around and suddenly her car breaks down and she's stranded.

"Sure baby as long as your teachers say you've behaved." Jorja glances up at her through the rear view mirror to see her face frowned up. Ava has been having some trouble in school for the last couple of weeks so her teachers said. Not hearing a response from her Jorja asked again for confirmation that she was going to be on her best behavior.

"Yes mommy I hear you." Ava let out a sigh as she fiddled with her fingers. "I'm just making sure baby." Jorja said as she parked the car in the school parking lot. Helping Ava out she aided her with putting on her bag, hand-in-hand they headed towards the building.

"Hi Ms. Ava." Ms. Turner, Ava's teacher stood at the entrance. "Hi Ms. Turner." Ava said as she shook her outstretched hand.

"Why don't you go in the classroom and say hi to your friends?"

"Okay, bye mommy!" Ava turned around and hugged Jorja. "Don't forget about my ice cream!" She pointed her finger at her before skipping away to her classroom. "She's a handle full huh?" Ms. Turner laughed as she watched Ava disappear.

"Yeah she is, but that my baby." Jorja's eyes glimmered with love and admiration.

"Well soon we're having a field for the class. I was wondering if you'd like to chaperone?" Ms. Turner had her hands clasped together while bouncing on her heels. "I'll think about it. I have to check my schedule."  It was true, jorja didn't know what her schedule looked like.

"Aw okay, just make to get back to me." Ms. Turner was bummed out. She really wanted Jorja to attend the field trip with the children. Every time Jorja attended she left a long lasting affect on the kids. All the other parents were just there to get payed and never made sure the kids were safe and none wandered off on their own.

"I sure will, it was nice talking to you. Have a good day." Jorja waved and headed back to her car. Stopping at a read light she pulled out her phone to send a text off.

Christian🤕
—Are you on your way yet?? A bitch has a taste for a Coolatta😋.
Received 7:35 AM