13

Remember to vote and share this an obscene amount of times! Also, follow me on Instagram: Vanessa.piccolo

Liam absently played with my hand while he drove back towards the castle. I was happy but deeply conflicted. I finally had what I wanted but at what cost?

"Liam?"

"Hm?"

"Are you sure about this?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because...it just seems like this is happening kind of fast. I mean, you don't even know the full consequences of this."

"All I need to know is that you love me. I'll figure out the rest."

"But that's not-"

"Anna. Just trust me. I'll figure it out."

"That's not the point, Liam. An hour ago you were only concerned about doing what's right for the kingdom and now your only concern is doing what's right for you."

"You're right for me which makes you right for the kingdom. I know what I'm doing."

"What makes you so sure?"

"You're different. You actually want to make a difference where I simply want to keep tradition. This kingdom needs someone like you."

"So you didn't ask me to stay for personal reasons?"

"Not entirely."

I wasn't exactly sure what I thought about that. It definitely deflated me a bit. How could I really be angry though? He always did what he thought was best for the kingdom.

"I do love you, Anna. Don't doubt that."

"I don't."

"Good."

This was what I wanted so why didn't it feel completely right? Why did it feel like I made a mistake?

I brushed those feelings off as being new at this whole relationship thing. I wondered if this was what everyone felt. I wanted to be with Liam and I wanted him to love me but I did have reservations about it. I didn't know how he was going to find a way to be with me but I knew he was headstrong enough to find something.

"So what happens now?" I asked.

He exhaled roughly and tapped the back of my hand absently. "I don't know yet. Let's just keep this quiet for a little bit."

"Quiet?" I asked suspiciously.

"Just until I can figure something out."

"Like what?"

"I don't know, Anna. If I knew, I wouldn't want to keep it quiet."

"Did you seriously just trick me into staying here?"

"No! I have every intention of being with you. I'm just asking for a little time. You have to understand the position I'm in."

I scoffed. "Oh, I think I understand perfectly. Take me back to the airport."

"You can't be serious."

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

"I'm not taking you back."

"You said I didn't have to stay if I didn't want to."

"You're being dramatic, Anna."

"So it's dramatic of me to expect something of you?"

"It's unrealistic of you to expect that suddenly everything will change. It doesn't work that way."

"Why not?"