Learn your potential!

I know how hard it has been for you. All these years you've been trying to figure out what you could do best to stand out. You have been looking for ways on how people could notice you and your work. You're seeking attention.

You've been longing for someone to look at you and praise you when you are doing great, laugh at you when you've done something funny, correct you when you're wrong, and cheer you up when you're feeling down. It's the kind of attention that no one has ever guessed you would want.

When everyone is looking at you, you always want to be your best and not commit any mistakes because you know they are looking at you. All eyes are on you, and you might get judged the moment you make a mistake.

In the eyes of many, you're not someone to admire. They see nothing special about you. Some believed in you, but many despise you out of jealousy. You've heard unacceptable things about you that made you upset.

You were left alone to ponder upon what people thought of you. Before, you didn't care even for a second about what people may think of you. You were confident, and no one has ever assumed that you weren't.

You've learned how to imitate their behavior when you began reaching out to them. You were acting like the people around you, and you speak like how they would. You completely changed yourself to fit in.

Is it a good thing that you did so? Are you happy? Everyone finally acknowledged you and treated you like one of them. Don't you feel like you have lost something?

"Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you're born to stand out." - Oliver James

Is it necessary to fit in so we could feel that we belong and not alone? Why do we try to?