Trust even in the dark!

In the past, I told myself that I would continue to persevere no matter how hard it gets and whatever problems I may need to face. I promised myself that I would be brave and would never shed tears. And that I would be strong enough to fight back.

I had those thoughts in my head, and trying to rely on them wasn't easy. I expected that it would be hard, but I never thought it could get even harder. I found myself lost, lost in the abyss of great sadness and failure. I was scared and lonely.

I've been dwelling in the dark for as long as I can remember. The memories of my first failure never let me sleep in peace every night. It comes back to me like a nightmare that I would want to forget. I hope it was a different story.

It was my first step to reach my dreams, but I never thought that it would also be my last. I don't know where I went wrong. Did I make the wrong decision? Was I overwhelmed by my own choice? And then I realized I wasn't ready. I thought I was, but I wasn't.

In the beginning, all I have in mind is my goal, and I never bothered thinking about failing. All I talk about was possibilities and potentials. I thought I was smart. I was very positive and confident that tomorrow will always be a great day. Until a bad dream came, and I didn't have any backup plans. It was a reality check.

That day reminded me that no matter how hard you try to disregard negative thoughts, they will come up and show that they exist. That you should always anticipate not every day will be a good day. And when misfortune comes, you should be wiser in choosing the steps to take.

Although I may not have what I thought would be a good start, I will continue to dream because I know it takes time. It takes more than what we know for a dream to become a reality. And when I would need to face a misstep, I will be wiser because I know how it is to live in the dark.

"There is a reason why the sky gets dark at night. We were not to see everything all the time. We were meant to rest and trust even in darkness." - Morgan Harper Nichols

Hypothetically you failed to reach your dream, but you still want to take another try, how will you convince yourself that everything will not be the same as before? Do you think that we should only think about positive thoughts?