Chapter Two - Colours of the Rainbow

As soon as you started to scream, you heard Sam and Dean calling your name. You felt hands on your shoulder, and you refused to open your eyes. “Are you okay, Y/n?” You heard Dean’s voice. You breathed heavily, trying your best to calm yourself down. 

"I-I-I don't know.. Everything is different.” You slowly opened your eyes. As you looked around, you saw the room was filled with unknown colors. You didn’t even know what to call them. There was one color you were drawn to, and it was what Dean was wearing. 

It looked similar to the color you saw when you looked ‘Castiel’ in the eyes. You inwardly groaned. This one guy who seemed to be the enemy was your soulmate. Your family was sure to turn on your because of that. 

“What’s different?” Sam questioned, urgency in his tone and eyes. You took a moment before responding. 

“The guy from earlier. What was he?” You asked, changing the subject. They couldn’t know. No one could. Not even Bobby. 

“Castiel. He says he’s an angel of the Lord, but I don’t agree with him.” Dean said, disgust lurking in his voice. Sam sighed. 

“Dean, we’ve been over this. There’s more evidence of an angel’s existence than any other thing we’ve hunted.” Sam argued. You just stared at them. The way they looked in colour was crazy. It was indescribable. 

“I need to get some air.” You were desperate to see what it looked like outside. Your younger brothers nodded, allowing you to get up and walk outside. 

When you got outside, your eyes locked onto the sky. You didn’t know why, but the color was so intriguing. You heard a sound that sounded like a crash from somewhere deep in the lot. Above the cars, you saw something black and moving. They looked like wings. They soon lowered and you walked over to investigate. Of course, you were slow and cautious. You had your gun ready to shoot. 

You kneeled behind a car and peeked over the top to get a look at what made the noise. It was Castiel, the ‘angel.’ You immediately dropped to the ground so he wouldn't see you. However, he did. “Y/n?” His voice was deep and gravelly, making you lose your train of thought. You slowly stood, gun raised. 

“What do you want?” You asked. He didn’t even flinch when he saw the gun. 

“I needed to see you.” He said in a monotone voice. You scoffed, walking out from behind the car. Your eyes couldn’t help but occasionally drift over to his onyx wings. 

“What for? I’m not the one you raised from hell.” You wondered if his touch had made you see colour before you met your soulmate. 

“I know. It’s about something different.” He sighed before continuing. “I used to never be able to see colors. I was the odd one out in my garrison. When I saw you, I could suddenly see all sorts of colours. Blues, greens, reds, you name it.” He paused, having trouble finding words. It was clear that he wasn’t used to spilling how he felt. 

“Wait, so, you’re my soulmate?” You questioned, taking a step closer to him. He nodded, also taking a step forward. 

“I believe so. I never knew what to expect from my soulmate, but you’re more beautiful than Heaven itself.” He admitted, his black feathers ruffling. Your face warmed considerably. 

“I- thank you..” You had never gotten a compliment like that before, so you didn’t know how to react. 

“Y/n?” You could hear Bobby’s voice in the distance. 

“Shit, Castiel, you have to go.” Right after you said those words, Castiel disappeared with a powerful flap of his wings. You were pushed back by the force of the wind he created. You fell to the ground just as Bobby rounded the corner. He ran over and helped you up. 

“Are you okay? Dean and Sam told me what happened.” You nodded. You couldn’t let them know that Castiel was your soulmate. All of the new colors hurt your head, and you took a deep breath. “Here, let’s get you inside.” As you walked with Bobby supporting you, you could’ve swore you felt eyes watching you. 

“Yeah, I guess it was just what that monster did to you and me. It must’ve affected me differently.” It hurt you to say Castiel was a monster, but you didn’t want them to judge you based on who your soulmate was. 

Once you were back inside, you started to help your brothers with research. When they found a case, they offered to take this one and you could rest after what happened in the barn. You sighed and reluctantly agreed. It could give you time to privately learn your colours. 

Once Bobby, Sam, and Dean were gone, you looked around to try and find a colour chart. Thankfully Bobby had one stuffed in his desk. As you examined it, you found out what stuff was what. 

Things like apples, some fire, blood, and most of the room you were sitting in were red. 

Certain fruits, most fire, and some flowers were orange. 

The sun and sand were yellow. 

Grass, leaves, vegetables, and some of your favorite fruits were green.

The colour of your soulmate’s eyes, the sky, and apparently the colour of a lot of your clothing was blue. 

Many flowers and gems were purple. 

There were more colours to study, but you had gotten most of them. You fell asleep on the couch, the colour chart in hand. 

A breeze indicated Castiel entering the room. He looked around the room, only to find you laying on the couch. He sat down on the floor next to you, catching a glimpse at what was in your hand. The thought made the angel smile for the first time in his life. 

He was your soulmate. You would be the one to make him feel emotions. He was already starting to feel them. The first one he ever had was confusion. The second one was love. 

He loved you, and he hoped that over time a hunter would love a supernatural creature. He knew it would be hard for you, but he was wishing that you would see who he really was and not what his species was. 

He heard the door open, and he draped his trench coat over you to provide warmth. He left with a powerful flap of his wings. 

Dean walked into the room just as Castiel disappeared. He looked around, clearly looking for something. He picked it up, and it happened to be a research book. He noticed you sleeping soundly on the couch. 

He walked over, confused as to where the coat on top of you came from. He noticed you were holding something under the coat, and he gently took it from your hands. As he examined it, he looked at you in confusion. 

Why would you have a colour chart if you didn’t know who your soulmate was?

Suddenly it all made sense to him. His eyes were wide. He wondered who it could possibly be. 

“What’s taking you so long, Dean?” Sam and Bobby walked in, confused looks on their faces. Dean held up the colour chart. 

“I think Y/n met her soulmate.” He spoke quietly, glancing back at the trenchcoat on top of you. 

He knew exactly who your soulmate was. And he wasn’t happy.