Chapter Ten

(A/N): Sorry for the late update, but I hope you enjoy reading!

*****

Third Person's Point of View

*

"You're finally here."

(Y/N)'s stomach churned with nervousness as the sound of the man's voice reached his ears. He resisted the urge to run back out from the door he had entered and instead, he decided to plant his feet into the floor and look anywhere but at the man in front of him.

"Look at me, (Y/N)." The man commanded, his voice laced with ice.

(Y/N) slowly looked up and felt a chill run down his spine as he met his father's cold eyes.

Luther's gaze examined his son as he looked at him up and down before he turned around and waved a hand to signal for (Y/N) to follow him.

(Y/N) obeyed and trailed after his father into his study room. He closed the door behind him and hurried to sit before Luther, who was already settled in his own seat behind his desk.

Luther cleared his throat. "I... heard some interesting stories from young Draco Malfoy, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) didn't reply.

He could feel his father's eyes boring into him and he braced himself from the harsh words his father would let out next.

Instead... he heard his father sigh and place his arms on his desk and burrowed his face into them.

 (Y/N) looked up at Luther curiously and he suddenly saw a tired, aging man that must have seen too much of the world instead of a secluded wizard that spoke with cruelty and carelessness. Without thinking, (Y/N) reached a hand out and placed it on his father's shoulder before lightly squeezing it to show comfort.

Luther didn't move for a long moment, and neither did (Y/N). This short yet peaceful silence was condolesing and he wished for it to last longer.

He then felt his father shift and lift his head to look at his son once more.

"There's... there's something I must tell you, (Y/N)," Luther hesitated and his pause made (Y/N) wonder why. His father was always a confident man and was never afraid to say what he wants to say. 

Luther then took a deep breath and looked into (Y/N)'s eyes and said, "(Y/N)... your mother was a Muggle-born."

***

Aurelia has been waiting for the past hour.

She looked up at the old grandfather clock every two seconds to see how long it would take for (Y/N) to come downstairs. She knew he and his father was definitely not having any father-son bonding time and she also suspected that they are talking about something very serious, far more serious than Luther criticizing his son for no reason.

When she and (Y/N) were First Years, he had invited her over to his house over Christmas break. She was excited, of course, being a young girl that had developed a crush on such a handsome boy meant a lot to her.

She had expected his house to be warm and cozy, but rather... it was slightly gloomy and has an uncomfortable atmosphere to it. Sure, the mansion is beautiful, but the aura it gave off made her feel insecure. She was almost certain that she may have came to the wrong house because someone as cheerful as (Y/N) would never live in such a dispirited place, right?

But it was (Y/N)'s home. Her mother had confirmed it before sending her to the front door.

When she rang the doorbell, (Y/N) immediately came to open the door and gave her a big smile. Despite being afraid of the disheartening place, (Y/N)'s presence made up for it. 

They mostly talked about school and Quidditch before moving on to the topic about their families. She didn't notice until later on how (Y/N) had tried to avoid the subject as much as possible, but being naïve and clueless, Aurelia continued to talk.

(Y/N) then asked her if she wanted to come meet Vanessa, who she later found out that she was the closest person to a family member to (Y/N). 

On their way down the hall, they ran into a tall, handsome man who Aurelia presumed him to be (Y/N)'s father. She wanted to greet him, but the way he stood gave off an authoritarian and dark vibe that made her want to stay away from him.

(Y/N), on the other hand, stepped aside and looked down on the floor silently as his father passed by him without any signs of noticing his son.

(Y/N) then continued walking down the hall as if nothing happened and Aurelia didn't pressure him into explaining about the strange experience she just had.

Until this day, she still remembers the frightened expression on (Y/N)'s face. She also saw the desperate look in his eyes, and realized that he truly wants his father to notice him for once; to hug him and laugh and talk with him.

But that was almost four years ago...

She could see (Y/N) becoming stronger and she is proud of him.

Whatever he and his father are discussing now was probably about schoolwork. She even has a slight feeling that they might even be talking about (Y/N) secret relationship with Hermione, which is likely not so secretive anymore.

Aurelia suddenly heard a door slam and she jumped to her feet, heart pounding as her mind whirred with different thoughts of what might have just happened.

She ran to the bottom of the stairs and met (Y/N) there, who looked like he was trying hard to hold in his tears. 

"W-What happened?" She asked.

(Y/N) stared at her blankly before shaking his head. "Nothing important. Just the usual."

Aurelia pursed her lips. She was always good at spotting out lies, whether the liar was good at it or not, and when it comes to (Y/N), she always knows.

She didn't say anything but watched (Y/N) fidget around.

Any time now... she thought, counting each passing second.

(Y/N) finally sighed. "Fine, I'll tell you."

Aurelia grinned. "I knew you would!"

(Y/N) rolled his eyes at her and gave a small smile before gesturing for her to come sit down next to him on the base of the stairs. 

Then letting out a deep breath, he began.

*****