Chapter Eleven

*****

Third Person's Point of View

*

(Y/N) cleared his throat and his mind drifted back to his conversation with his father.

Flashback

"Your mother is a Muggle-born."

(Y/N) stared at Luther's face, uncertain whether he had misheard his father's words or he was pulling a joke on him. But he knew his father was serious. He always was serious and there was never a time when he would play around with (Y/N) anyway.

Luther slowly brought his hands together as he watched his son with a thoughtful expression. "You always asked about your mother. I thought this would be the right time to tell you."

(Y/N) felt a spark of anger go off inside him. "You-You thought this-" He pointed a finger at his father. "-would be the right time?! Why now? Why not before? And you think you can tell me that my own mother was a Muggle-born while Merlin-knows-what is going on outside?"

He could feel his face turn hot as he let out his outburst. He didn't care whether his father would yell at him or do anything to him at this point. He felt even more stunned when Luther just sighed and closed his eyes.

"Look, (Y/N)..." Luther said. "I understand that it's hard to take in-"

"'Understand?'" (Y/N) echoed in disbelief. "You don't understand anything about me, Father-"

"Listen to me!" Luther slammed his hands on the table as he glared into his son's eyes. "I didn't want to tell you because I know you won't be able to understand what I'm going to tell you next. So stay quiet and let me explain!" His gaze softened a little. "Please, son. Just listen to me for once."

(Y/N) swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat as he nodded.

"Your mother and I met at school. Just like how you and Hermione Granger did," Luther said. He raised a hand to silence (Y/N) when he saw him open his mouth. Luther then continued, "Just like how every pureblood Slytherin was raised, I was taught to hate every Muggle-born."

(Y/N) immediately noticed that his father kept using the word 'Muggle-born' instead of the more offensive term and he felt a little proud of him.

"I admit," Luther went on. "I was quite a bully in school, especially to every non-pureblood student. I mainly targeted on a Ravenclaw girl named Mira. I didn't realize it then, but I had developed feelings for her." He let out a little chuckle, much to (Y/N)'s surprise. "Isn't it funny? Me, a cold-hearted monster, would fall in love with a girl with a completely different personality."

(Y/N) didn't say anything because he really had nothing to say.

His father's voice was starting to sound wistful as he continued his story, as if his mind was buried deep in his memories, relishing the most beautiful moments of his life. "As you already know, Mira is the name of your mother and I confessed to her during our last year. We got married, despite your grandparents' protests."

(Y/N) could hear his father's voice starting to turn slightly angry and maybe even regretful. "But she hated Muggles, I remember." (Y/N) said slowly.

Luther shook his head. "She said that to keep you safe, from your grandparents since they didn't know we had you and from other children that you might interact with later on. She didn't want you know about her bloodline until you become older." Then he let out a heavy breath. "The duty of keeping in all of this was starting to kill Mira on the inside. She couldn't go outside because there will always be an acquaintance of your grandfather that might see her.

"She started becoming more and more distant from me, and I knew she was hurting, but she never once complained," he said. "she spent most of her time with you, hoping that you won't end up in the same life hers ended."

He stopped talking and (Y/N) waited for his father to continue, but realized that the story ends here. Deciding to prompt his father, he said, "H-How did Mother die?"

Luther stood up from his seat, as if he did not hear his son's question. "That's all for today. Aurelia must be waiting for you downstairs. Go now before she gets worried."

(Y/N) got up from his chair as well and Luther followed him to the door, looking very anxious and desperate for his son to leave the room. "But I want to know, Father." (Y/N) said pleadingly.

"That's all for today." Luther repeated before shutting the door.

(Y/N) stood there, his mouth agape. He really wanted to know more about his mother and the thought about her made a wave of sadness wash over him as memories started to flood into his head. He felt his eyes stinging, threatening to start up tears if he does not stop thinking about his mother.

He clenched his fists and unclenched them before rubbing his eyes and started to walk down the stairs to meet his best friend.

Flashback End

Aurelia sat there, just as shocked as (Y/N) had felt when he was in his father's office. Her eyebrows furrowed before she found her voice. "So what happened...?"

(Y/N) shrugged. "I told you. I don't know. Father wouldn't tell me. He looked like it was something that he didn't want to discuss about, even though he should, since he has already gone this far."

"But you deserve to know about her. She's your mother!" Aurelia exclaimed.

"I know. That is what frustrates me the most." (Y/N) groaned, putting his head into his hands.

Aurelia was silent for a moment. "Have you asked Vanessa? Perhaps she knows something."

(Y/N) thought about her suggestion. He has never properly asked his caretaker about his mother before, but he doubt she would even want to tell him. He has a feeling that his father has had a talk with the maids and servants to not let him know anything about Mira Phoenix.

But now that he knows the truth about his mother, there doesn't seem to be any harm in asking some questions regarding his mother now.

(Y/N) stood up and composed his clothing. He started walking off.

"Where are you going?" Aurelia called after him, but he did not respond nor turn around.

He could hear Aurelia running towards him before falling in step with him. She seemed to sense that he had determination in what he was about to do next and she did not want to interrupt it.

Aurelia then smiled, proud of (Y/N) for the improvement that has progressed over the years.

*****

(A/N): Who would've thought I would upload another Chapter in the same month, right? :D

Anyways, thank you for reading! Also, many thanks for those of you that sent support and encouragement! <3

Also, have a good Thanksgiving, for those that celebrates it!