Sometimes you need to learn the hard way

"Toss me a flathead screwdriver, would ya, Pete?" Tony held out his palm expectantly. A minute passed, and no screwdriver was put into his hand. There was no clinking or clanging that indicated someone was searching through the numerous tools around the shop. "Pete?"

The billionaire slid out from under his shining new Bentley and looked around for his protege' - who he could've sworn was sitting right behind him five minutes ago. A quick sweep of the garage, and he came up empty.

"Friday," he sighed, "where'd my baby spider go?"

"He is currently in his room. Should I have him come down?"

"No I'll go- wait, why did he go to his room And why didn't you say anything?" He was already in the elevator when Friday responded.

"Mini-Boss had requested I not disturb you." Tony rolled his eyes at that. "As to why he left so suddenly," she paused, as if collecting her thoughts, "I am unsure. It is possible that he had a headache."

"He's been getting them a lot lately."

Tony tapped his foot impatiently, the elevator not going fast enough for his liking. Upon reaching their shared penthouse floor, he bypassed the kitchen and living rooms for Peter's. He stopped short of Peter's room

"Hey, bud. You in here?" Knowing Peter could be experiencing sensory overload, he kept his voice low. He knocked three times and called, "I'm coming in... okay."

The room was empty. Peter's desk in the corner was littered with notes and equations - some of which he could barely read. The loveseat and chairs were covered in legos, even the little coffee table had small figures and colorful blocks stacked on top. The loft was also void of the arachnid, bed unmade, laptop partially covered by the blankets with more notes and papers strewn about. Tony's knees popped as he made his way back down the ladder. His joints would be hating him later.

A soft groan coming from the bathroom caught his attention. He didn't open the door out of respect for his son's privacy but kept his hand on the doorknob.

"Bud, you okay? Friday said your head hurt." The lack of a response was alarming, to say the least, and set the billionaire's paternal instincts on fire. "I'm gonna come in... okay."

Slowly - so as not to accidentally hit Peter - he opened the door and was surprised to see Peter sitting beside the bathtub with his chin resting on the rim. He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans from earlier, but his hoodie was discarded in the corner.

"Dad." Peter turned to face the mechanic. His complexion paler than usual, cheeks sunken, and his fangs protruded from his mouth, clear venom dripping down his chin.

"I'm here, kiddo." Tony knelt and pulled his kid against his chest, allowing the teen to lean all of his weight against his dad's sturdy chest. He hugged Peter tighter when he felt his thin frame trembling. "What's going on, Friday?" He went right to Friday since Peter's m.o was to suffer in silence for the sake of others. He would brush this off, and Tony would be left clueless.

"Due to his wisdom teeth coming in, Peter has been experiencing headaches, sensory overload, jaw pain, and excessive venom leakage."

Peter coward under his father's gaze. "And you neglected to tell me this, why?" He wiped the venom from Peter's chin and handed him a cup to catch the dripping liquid. "Well?"

"Didn't wanna bother you."

"How many times must I tell you? You are not a bother to me. You have never been, and you never will be." Fingers began threading through the curls tickling his cheek. "I want to know what's going on with you. You're my son, and I love you."