Chapter 10

I make it a whole ten minutes into our walk before I can't take it any longer.

"Where are we going?"

Damian stops us so quickly someone behind us curses and shoves past us. Damian pays it no mind and opens the door to an upscale boutique.

A petite young woman smiles cheerily at us and steps out from behind the cashiers counter.

"Welcome, Sir, Ma'am. We've been expecting you. Shall I show you to your private section?"

Expecting us? Private section? 

What the hell is going on?

"Yes, thank you," Damian replies and his hand falls to my back again as the shop clerk leads us to the back of the store, walking so precisely she makes almost no noise.

She leads us into the back of the shop and gestures to a door directly to our right.

"Please stay as long as you like and press the green button next to the door if there is anything at all I can help you with."

Damian guides me into the room and as soon as she's gone, I pull away from him, lodging my hands on my hips.

As soon as she's gone, I pull away from Damian and lodge my hands on my hips.

"What. The hell?"

Damian frowns. "I thought you'd be happy."

He makes a sweeping gesture to the elaborate room. It's a walk-in closet fit for a queen.

One entire wall is lined with a deep closet with several levels of dresses—everything from casual sundresses, to ballgowns, to—

"Is that a f*cking wedding dress?"

"A man can dream."

I ignore Damian's retort and turn to the other side of the room. I feel like the breath's been knocked from my lungs.

The other side of the room is split into large, glimmering sections—shoes, jewelry, bags, hair accessories, and even a smaller section of lingerie.

"This is—how?"

Damian cups my elbow in his hand and turns me to face him.

"I've been adding to it little-by-little over the last several years."

"That's...a little creepy."

I move over to the dresses and reach out to touch one at random. I skim the soft silk as though I might tear it if I touch it too hard. I pull another dress further out and Damian sees right through me.

"The price tags have all been taken off. I'll leave it up to your imagination."

"As*hole," I mutter.

Damian riffles through some of the dresses before pulling a long burgundy gown from the rack. (*A/N pic above chapter of what I envision it looking like)

"Try this on."

I glance around the room. "In here?"

Damian chuckles. "Yes, in here. We have total privacy. No one will enter unless I press that service button and there are no cameras. You have my word."

"Your word," I scoff.

Damian's arm whips out and he grabs mine, pulling me into him.

His eyes are laden with anger. "Do you not trust me?"

I meet his eyes with just as much fury. I pull my arm out of his grip and take the dress from him.

"Turn around."

Damian doesn't move a muscle.

"Do you want me to try this on or not?"

"Would you prefer I strip you? Because that can be arranged."

"God," I snap and resist the urge to stomp my foot. "You're...I don't even know. There isn't a word for what you are."

"You're damn right there isn't. Put the dress on, Cherry."

I hand him back the dress so I can get undressed. I turn my back to him and strip down to my underwear, a matching set of black lace.

I hadn't noticed the full-wall mirror at the back of the room until I look up right into the reflection of Damian's eyes. They're smouldering—there's no other way to explain how he looks at me.

I watch Damian lay the dress aside on the small glass table and close the space between us. I can't resist when he pulls me into him with a hand flat against my stomach.

Without hesitation, his hand dips beneath the lace hem of my thong and he strokes me with two long fingers.

I lean back into him and close my eyes. His hand stops moving and my eyes pop open again.

"I want you to watch while I make you cum," he growls in my ear and it nearly sends me over the edge.

All the events of last night flood back to me and suddenly I'm right there, ready to explode after so long of not being allowed a release.

"Day," I moan his nickname as he plunges a finger into me, and then another seconds later. I lock my knees so my legs don't buckle and my head rolls back onto Damian's shoulder.

We're the f*cking definition of ecstasy standing here in this private closet, a door away from the bustling city, in such a heated exchange. There's an edge of danger to it, I realize, that sends me plunging into pleasure.

I bite down so hard on my bottom lip that I taste blood and I let out a muffled shriek, shaking and bucking against. My legs turn to jelly and Damian turns me around and pulls me into his chest, holding me up until I regain my strength.

With a finger under my chin, he tilts my head up to look at him and drops a soft, lingering kiss on my lips.

"I can't believe you just did that," I tell him.

"I won't take sole blame. I didn't hear you complain."

I untangle myself from Damian and gesture for him to hand me the dress. He steadies me as I step into it and zips it for me.

In hugs me so perfectly everywhere that I consider asking Damian if it was tailored to me, though I don't know how he'd have managed that without me knowing.

"It's like a second skin," I think out loud, turning, bending and raising my arms in it to test out the fit.

"It's sinful. You look incredible."

I meet Damian's eyes in the mirror again and flashes of our exchange just minutes ago hit me.

Damian nods, and his voice breaks me from my trance.

"This is the one."

"I've put on the damn dress, now can you tell me what it's for?"

He grins crookedly at me as he moves over to the several racks of shoes, all of which look ungodly expensive.

He sets a pair of strappy gold heels in front of me and I slip my feet into them.

"They fit," I tell him and step out of them as soon as I can. I don't know that I've ever even touched anything this nice or expensive in my life.

Damian steps behind me and unzips the dress, helping me back out of it. I've just finished getting dressed when the same woman as before enters the room.

Damian hands her the dress and gestures to the shoes.

"This dress, the shoes, and the gold bangle jewelry set can all be sent to my home. Thank you."

He presses what appears to be a $100 bill into her small, manicured hand.

The clerk nods once and breezes through the room, collecting all the things he's mentioned and is gone in the next several seconds. She makes me dizzy.

Damian turns back to me with a light smile and opens his mouth to speak.

My stomach growls loudly.

"Hungry?"