Chapter 3 - Light

"My eyes

"My eyes... Are they scary?" 

Hinata grabbed Kageyama's cheek with one of his hands, stared at his eyes, and said, "They're...different. But I don't think they're scary at all." That's when Hinata had an idea. "Kageyama! We should go out and walk around!" Kageyama gave Hinata a confused look, "How can I walk when I can't see what's in front of me?" Then Hinata started walking away to Kageyama's closet, out of Kageyama's sight. "H-HINATA?!" He shouted when he could not see Hinata's orange hair. "Relax I'm right here, and I got something else for you when I went out to buy this bell." Hinata then pulled out a walking stick, "Here! Try using this to walk around" He handed it to Kageyama and he swept it slowly across the floor, trying to feel where everything is.   He had no idea if he was using it correctly, but it seemed to be working. "Hinata, it's still dark...and scary..." Kageyama said lightly as his voice was a bit shaky. Hinata appeared from the darkness quickly, startling Kageyama a bit and he dropped the walking stick, "Don't worry, it's just me." Hinata gently held his hands to comfort Kageyama.

" Hinata gently held his hands to comfort Kageyama

Kageyama smiled a bit, and hugged Hinata tight. "Please stay with me, forever, promise me that." Hinata teared up at hi sweet words and nodded, "Of course I will." Hinata let go of Kageyama's embrace and reached down to grab the walking stick. "You need some light, so let's try going outside for a while." Hinata insisted while grabbing Kageyama's hand and holding the walking stick with his other hand. They started running out the door, but Kageyama couldn't keep up with Hinata. "Hinata! W-Wait!" Kageyama yelled stumbling to get to his door. "Oh, sorry, hehe." Hinata said out of embarrassment and slowed down his walking. 

After a long time of Kageyama yelling from nearly falling down the stares, calling Hinata an idiot, and tripping over his own shoes, they managed to get outside. Hinata gave Kageyama the walking stick and they both started walking to the park. "Ok, Kageyama, you have to listen to what I say so you don't get hurt." Kageyama had a sour look on his face, "Why should I trust and idiot? I have a stick now!" Hinata went far from Kageyama's view of his orange hair, "This is why." Hinata said plainly. Kageyama almost lost balance immediately, "Alright I'll follow your lead for once."  "That's the spirit King!" Kageyama huffed and pouted at the name King.

As they were walking, Kageyama seemed to have trouble with the stick, "Kageyama! You sure you want the stick or my hand?" Hinata asked, noticing how hard it seemed for him. Kageyama just nodded, not wanting to accept defeat to a stick. The rest of the way, Kageyama and Hinata had their fingers interlocked with each other, until they finally go to the park.