Chapter II: The Suitor From the West

"This would be your room until the selection is over." Ying opened a big door in front of her and ushered the tall and quiet man to go inside.

Wandering cold eyes examined the big lavish and lonely room and to him it was always common. He's bored and he seemed to have taken a liking to the woman standing in front of him.

He heard her irritated voice, "... You have any questions?"

He threw her his charming smile, "Hm. I'm curious, how old might you be?"

"It's offensive to ask a woman about her age, Sir Fang." She cautiously stepped away from him, her tone getting bitter by each passing second. "Your show off time will start tomorrow, so I suggest you should prepare."

He blinked nonchalantly at her, "Hmm. I wonder what's on your mind? What do you think about that Boboiboy? Is he worthy enough for Yaya?"

"Don't get too cocky, calling my Lady's first name so casually." She hissed at him, head held high as to welcome a fight to the tall man in front. She doesn't know why she's really irritated at this man, oh, probably because he has an arrogant personality.

"My, my. What a feisty shrimp, interesting indeed." He chuckled. "I'm starting to think that you're funny."

"I'm done here." She hurriedly walked away from him, thankful that she wasn't wearing a dress but a pair of long dark blue pants and a cream-colored long sleeve hidden by a yellow vest. Fang has to rethink if she's a boy, but clearly, she's a girl younger than him in years- besides, she's cute even though she doesn't wear a dress.

A hidden smile appeared on his apathetic face, "Dismissing yourself before I could, how uneducated." This made her pause, hands clenching with self-control, "As expected from a commoner like you. I heard that the Lady in this house have adopted you several years ago. Heh. Getting too cocky, aren't we, eh, Shrimp?"

She faced him slowly, expression clearly insulted. "That's actually a fact, but to clear your ignorance, I'm not just a mere adopted sister." She crossed her arms, "In this land, the East Kingdom can grant a commoner like me a privilege for a status close as the nobles like you." She chuckled, "I gained my status because of hardwork, not because of birthright. Now if you have a brain, think of it again."

Fang was enjoying this that he laughed at her, "Gahahaha! A feisty shrimp indeed!" He patted her head as he continued to control his guffaw, "I'm not wrong of thinking that you're more interesting than Lady Yaya! Gahahahaaa!"

Ying clenched her hands again and immediately dismissed herself. She murmured, "Let's see who will have the last laugh."

Crimson orbs observed the sunny weather at the garden he and the Lady of the house shared for hours. The lady always plasters a smile on her face, her jaws are perfectly lined and toned from her smooth pink hijab. They have been talking random stuffs for two weeks, but most of them, as what Yaya noticed, were all about Ying.

Every day, the settings always changed from inside the library, to the great halls, and gardens. Fang obviously hates outside especially if it's a sunny weather however, this week seemed to be mostly at the garden. He chuckled at the thought of Ying torturing him.

Yaya silently observed his wandering eyes from the distance. They were still sitting and silent for the rest of the time and she patiently waits for him. "Mister Fang? Lately, I notice you've taken an interesting gaze at my Ying."

He seemed passive but sighed and continued looking at the sunny distant horizon. "Sunny weather reminds me of her- annoying... but warm."

The lady was taken aback at his comment, "... I see."

"She's always got amazing and crazy ideas, huh? About this courtship thing? She really must be fond of you, Lady Yaya."

She smiled, "She always have been..." She started recalling their memories. "May I ask why Sir Fang had taken a liking to my sister?"

He puffed his cheeks before he sighed, "The truth is, I entered the courtship not because of Lady Yaya but because I want to see Ying."

"Oh my." She exclaimed in excitement, hands covering her mouth femininely.

"I'm not sure when it started but I have always been looking at her from a distance. She's famous! Her brilliant but weird ideas are both criticized and acclaimed. I'm actually happy for her achievements and how truly splendid and a fanatic to you. Although I may know a little of her, I planned to know her more during my stay here." Fang ignited a serious expression on his face. "I... Would like to take her as my wife."

That made Yaya's world stop. She heard him continued, "That's why I did my best just to meet you- to ask for your permission personally, Lady Yaya."

He unexpectedly dropped, his knees on the ground and took her hands. He repeated, "May I take your sister, Ying as my wife?"

She just stared at the man in front of her with amused expression.

However, from a distance, a pair of spying eyes meticulously tried its best to decipher the lip movements, facial expressions and gestures on the Western suitor. Her brows furrowed when she saw Fang getting on his knees, and oh, he's boldly taking her master's hands!

Holding hands or any physical touching has been discussed as a taboo.

That overly confident man is just too much for Yaya and to her!

Slamming her left hand on the grass, thankful that the noise she was making wasn't loud, she muttered, "Aight. Time to kill a Western piece of shit." Before she could head down, her eyes caught a man hiding his presence perfectly away from Yaya and Fang.

It was Boboiboy.

And his usual feeble expression mutated into something she couldn't grasped.

He looked deadly serious as he looked into the ground, perfectly shaped jaws tightening.

She gulped the sudden lump on her throat. On the second week that the two gentlemen are staying, Boboiboy is... an enigma. Although he may look feeble and kind, deep down, she knows that he's hiding his true identity, and that scared her.

He's more dangerous than that charming hedgehog.

She cursed, "Damn, why did Yaya even want to get married? She have me!"

--------------------------------

Since I've reached 111 followers, all thanks to you guys (I love you all! Don't you know I want to hug and squeeze you cheeks and ruffle your hair and pat your heads?!)

Hey You! Yes! You! Thank you for sticking around and supporting in silence or aloud! I treasure and remember you. God knows how much I want to pat all your heads! I cry inside.

Here, have some candies.
(☆^O^☆)