11.01 Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire

I let out a small groan, blinking my eyes open. I suddenly jerk up as I remember the darkness consuming us. I look around the car frantically only seeing Sam. I punch his shoulder, stumbling out of the car. "Dean! Dean!" Sam stumbles out of the car behind me looking around. "Where'd he go?" "I don't know. But I know how to find him."

I take a deep breath closing my eyes. I wrap my hands around my mouth, softly breathing in. I open my palms and eyes, blowing out through my mouth. A glowing trail flows past my lips, shooting through the field and a few trees. Sam and I exchange glances, before following the trail.

--

We come walking up over a hill and I let out a breath of relief when I see Dean laying on the ground. "Hey! Hey!" Dean wakes, groans, and stands up. I rush over as he becomes a little unsteady. "You okay?" "Yeah. Where's the car?" "I-i-it's... about a mile that way." "What?" I look at him concerned. "Seriously? The - the darkness hit. You disappeared. You remember none of this?" He pauses, thinking for a second. "Hold on! She saved me." "What? Who?" "The darkness."

I stare at him in disbelief as we begin our journey back to the Impala. "Wait a second. What do you mean, she saved you?" Sam questions. "You were there. When the storm hit, everything went dark." "Yeah, but you just disappeared from the car." "I don't even remember that." "Well, I don't remember some woman pulling you out." "Well, what do you want me to say, okay? I was in the car, and then I wasn't in the car. I was in the field, and she was there."

"And she told you she was the darkness." "No. She was wearing a nametag. What do you think? She thanked me." "For what?" "Setting her free." I scoff crossing my arms. "Well, where are mine and Sammy's thanks? Like, what the fuck lady?" Sam agrees with what I say. "You didn't set her free. I set her free." "Does it matter? I mean, yeah, you said the spell, but I had the Mark, so lock and key."

I stare at him through narrowed eyes as he says that. I speak up, a dark underlying tone to my voice. "So, what, now she feels indebted to you or something? I don't like that." "I don't know. She's darkness. Does she feel anything?" "And that's all she said? Thanks?" "Yeah. She was weird. But she had this energy about her, this -- this focus. But, yeah, not a talker." "So we know jack."

"Well, I know that I'm going to kick her ass when I meet her." Dean ignores me, opting to answer Sam. "Well, we know what she looks like, and we know that's she's evil. The question is, what does she know? I mean, she's been locked away since the beginning of time. Does she even know what a cheeseburger is? All I know is that we set her free, and we're gonna put her back in, no matter what it takes."

Dean gets in the car, which is still in the pothole. He climbs right back out. I snicker as he looks at me and Sam. "What the... Just gonna let get in the car?" "You were on a roll." Dean rolls his eyes, slamming the door shut.

--

My eyes skim over the page of a book as we drive down the road. I quickly look up as we roll to a stop. I toss my book aside, climbing out of the back to walk towards the wrecked car a few yards away. Walking towards the driver's door, I crouch down beside the man to check a pulse. I look back at Sam and Dean softly shaking my head at them. "The hell happened here?" Dean questions. I stand up quickly when I hear a sound coming from behind the guys.

Stepping lightly in front of them, my snake bracelet softly slithering against my wrist. I gently rub the head and it settles back against my wrist. "Hello?" I give Sam a deadpanned look, rolling my eyes. A man in an orange vest walks around the back of a work truck taking quick steps towards us. Sam and Dean aim their guns as I take a menacing step forward, flashing my eyes at him challengingly.

He pauses in his tracks staring at us for a few seconds. "Oh, that's not a happy sight. Hey, easy, buddy. Just stay cool till we figure out what's going on here, okay?" He continues to approach. "Kind of narrowing my options here." "We don't even know what he is." A gunshot goes off and I look at the deputy crouching beside the cop car.