11.03 The Bad Seed

~June 6, 2015~
"So that was the last of the neighbors, just like the rest. Dean? Dean!" Dean finally looks at Sam as I stare at him concerned. "Yeah?" "You okay?" "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I reach across the table, gently squeezing his hands. He smiles softly before turning back to Sam.

"Just saying we got nothing. No one say anything unusual going on at the house the day the baby disappeared." "If this is truly the Darkness, we're talking about, it's more of a time bomb than a baby." "It's still a baby Uncle Cas." "Exactly. I mean, the Darkness I saw was an adult. So it still has to, uh, grow up."

"Told you two clowns so." They opt to ignore me, turning their attention to Cas. "The Darkness is almost infinite power. I'm not sure what "growing up" means in this case." "Well, God kicked this thing's ass once before, right?" "Yeah, it'd be nice if he put down the Mai Tai and show up for work."

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Fat chance of that happening boys." "Brittany's right. I wouldn't count on it." "It's possible he's around. Closer than we think, you know?" "What makes you say that?" "I believe he made a fairly definitive statement when we walked away."

As Cas is talking, he stands up, the chains around his wrists tugging him back. He sighs, looking down at them and I give him a sympathetic smile. "Sorry about those, Cas. Til' we know what's going on with you, you're still a bit of a wild card, you know?" He plops back in his seat tiredly. "Have you found anything yet Brittany?" "Not much. I'm sorry Cas."

He nods understandingly, turning his attention to Sam who speaks. "I hate to point this one out, but you both know who we might need to help deal with the Darkness." "Don't even say it." "He was God's scribe. He did hear about everything." "He's also a conceited asshole who only cares about himself."

"Exactly and that's just like saying it Sammy." Cas begins grunting and I worriedly stand to my feet, rushing to his side. Dean turns his head concerned. "Cas, you all right, pal?" "It's the spell." "We were hoping your angel wiring would fight it off or... slow it down at least." "It appears I simply respond differently from humans."

I place my hands on his arms, closing my eyes. I feel my powers begin to flow through me and Cas lets out a relieved sigh. He gives me a grateful smile for taking some of the pain and I nod, walking away and sitting back down. "If you were human, you'd be gone. With you, it's like it's digging deeper."

"You know, Rowena's the only one who can remove it." "We're doing everything to find her Sam. But so far, we got nothing. I mean, even with my powers, we can't locate her." "Well, it's getting worse." I watch Cas concerned as sweat continues to accumulate on his forehead. He begins grunting in pain again and I rush to his side once more to help alleviate the pain.

--

Now sitting beside Cas, I keep one hand on his arm to let my powers flow through him, the other flipping through one of my mother's old books. Dean paces, angrily speaking into the phone. "Come on, Crowley, pick up. I've left you a dozen messages." He hangs up, speaking to us. "Why isn't he answering the phone?" Sam looks up from the computer, answering Dean. "Because he's a dick, and that's not breaking news."

I smirk proudly at Sam's snark and he looks at me, exasperatedly rolling his eyes when he sees the smirk on my face. "He's gotta have Rowena in his sights, right? I mean, she did try to take him out." "He's not gonna deliver Rowena to us just so she can lift the spell. He'd rather let it do whatever it's gonna do to me." "I'm not gonna let that happen Uncle Cas. I'm reading all of my mother's and father's books to find an answer. And I will find one."

"He's gotta be up to something." "Dean, I love you. But you're obsessing." He gives me a sour look, before turning back to Sam. "Yeah. Again, not breaking news. Metatron is also off the grid. He stole your car in Blaine, Missouri, right?" "Yeah." "Yeah, uh no accidents, violations, or anything remotely interesting involving a crappy '78 Continental Mark V."