Secrets*

Adrien's POV

I have a new theory. That which states that all the new students in our class are the most interesting ones. Don't believe me? Spend one day with Samairah and those new teens from America. You'll understand what I mean.

Anyway, those teenagers are great. The small guy, Leo, is funny and a great engineer. I suspect he will be able to defeat even Max in a contest. The tall guy, Percy, is chill. He had a great personality, and was quite good- looking too. That's a good thing, I guess, as hopefully that would keep Chloe off me for a few days at least. Though I suspected that the blond girl (who was probably his girlfriend), would break her bones if she tried to. Oh, well.

Speaking of Annabeth, she was freakishly smart. She outshone Samairah in every class. I expected her to be furious, but she seemed thoroughly uninterested. She was either reading a book or working on her chalk figure whenever I glanced at her. But I did notice her shooting a few glances at Annabeth whenever she answered, but didn't react. I was puzzled. Why?

And then, finally, it was lunch. I hung back a little, waiting to see if Chloe would threaten these new students like she did to Samairah. Not because I wanted to defend them, I was sure they would be able to do that very well themselves, but to see their reactions. I was sure that they would be even more spectacular than Samairah's.

But unfortunately, Chloe did not threaten them. I guess she was scared, I would've been too, but it was disappointing, frankly. Nevertheless I did see something else. The new students made their way to Samairah, who was setting her bag (and probably hanging back due to the same reason as me), and asked her to sit with them. I was very confused. Did they know each other?

During lunch, Samairah sat down with the teens at a table far away from her usual one, talking to them in hushed voices. I was properly confused now. How did they know each other? Were they sharing secrets?

Little did I know that they were sharing secrets. Stories about how they ended up there. Everyone has secrets, after all.

****

According to today's schedule, we had Physics after lunch. I was looking forward to it. Not because of learning the concepts, mind you, but because I was sure that Annabeth and Samairah will have a face- off. And so, of course, an akuma attack hit the city. Arrgghhh!

We had just sat down in the class when the siren started wailing. Annabeth and Samairah shot to their feet at the exact same moment, slapped their hands on the table in mirrored movements, and yelled in unison "LEO! NOT NOW!"

Leo, who was sitting a few seats in front of them, dropped the wire contraption he was holding, spread his arms, and yelled back- "What? I am right here!" Annabeth and Samairah blinked. "What? Then how-" Annabeth started, and then her eyes widened. "Oh no! It's an actual akuma attack!" This jolted the teacher out of her trance. She quickly started ushering us out of the door.

"Remember to read pages 378 to 382 from the textbook by tomorrow. We will have a discussion on it next class." She repeated it a few more times, but I don't think anyone heard her. As was my routine, I did not go out of the front door with the rest of the crowd, but snuck into the bathroom to transform.

(A/N)

Vote and Comment!