Chapter 1

The sound of gunshots filled the air. The honks of cars and shouts from people joined in on the chorus. A figure dashed by, their mysterious and anonymous aura following behind them. However, when the figure turned around, what had been covering their face fell, landing on the concrete ground, making a noise that was just barely audible in contrast to the sounds of a busy city.

"L/n!!"

The person, known as 'L/n', chuckled. "What's wrong, officer? Giving up already~?", he said, his words said with a teasing tone behind them.

Police cars were lined up, blocking the busy city road that was filled with multi-colored cars. The men clad in uniforms each had the muzzles of their firearms aimed at their target. The man gazed down at them with a playful grin, pulling out his own firearm. "Put the gun down, L/n! Now!"

"Oh~? And if I don't~?"

They immediately began firing at the man, who simply stood there, the tips of his feet hanging slightly off the edge of the roof he was currently standing on. With so many officers, one would think that at least one bullet would have penetrated the man somewhere on his body, even if that one hit was not fatal. However, no such thing happened. He chuckled to himself.

Without another second wasted, the man's firearm went off, releasing a sound that was almost always heard before a life was taken. The bullet cut through the air before the tip of his pierced through the police officer's vest and uniform/ His eyes widened when he felt the bullet piercing through his skin before finally coming to a stop at his heart. With a loud thud, the man fell forward, life slowly draining out of his open eyes.

"Officer down!"

"All these officers...yet no one managed to hit me. Not even a single scratch. What a disappointment."

"L/n, you're dead!", one man in particular yelled.

A playful smirk made its way to Y/n's face when he looked to see Aomine Daiki, an officer whom he had encountered many times before. He glanced down at his watch. "I would love to keep playing this constant game of cat and mouse, but it appears that I have somewhere else to be."

Y/n stepped off the edge, falling down. Just before he hit the ground, his figure disappeared. The officers directed their guns in all directions. Aomine took even more caution as his gaze constantly darted all around him. His eyes widened when he felt a presence behind him. "Let's play again sometime, Aomine~ I know you want to~"

He was suddenly hit in the back of the head with what felt like the butt of a gun. Just as he turned around to fire at him, Y/n was long gone. Aomine grit his teeth in annoyance. "That son of a bitch!!"

--

The sirens of ambulances faded away in the distance. Aomine held the back of his head. Y/n didn't hit him hard enough to make him bleed, but just enough to make it hurt. "Let's head back to the station."

"Yes, sir."

They each got back in their cars and drove back to the station. On their way, they heard shouts of profanity directed towards them from the people who were waiting in the huge mess of traffic they had caused. Aomine stuck his hand out of the window, almost as if he was apologizing for the hold-up. Kise heard the screeches of cars as they parked and got up from his desk.

"They're back. I wonder if they caught him."

"Highly unlikely", one of his co-workers said as he stretched. "Aomine must have his work cut out for him, having this case thrown on him."

"Why don't you talk less and do more of your work?", a deep voice spoke.

They both turned to see Aomine standing there with his hands on his hips, a stern look on his face. "So, what happened? Did you get him?"