Chapter 4

Another bullet was added into the chamber. Sasori handed the revolver to Y/n, a sly smirk on her face. "It's your turn, Y/n~"

Y/n cocked the revolver and placed the muzzle against his head. His piercing gaze never left hers. "Go on~"

"You're a nasty woman, Sasori."

"You love me~"

Without wasting another second, he pulled back the trigger. Nothing happened, which made Sasori's smirk falter a little. Although she thought he didn't notice, he did but didn't let it show. He smirked, sliding the gun across the table in her direction. "Your turn."

Sasori suddenly didn't seem as confident as she picked up the gun. He noticed her hand started to shake a little as she pressed it against the side of her head, making his smirk widen. "What's wrong, Sasori? Pull the trigger~"

She sent him a small glare as her finger was hesitant to pull the trigger. "Come on now. What was all that big talk before~?"

"Shut up..."

"You said it yourself. You didn't rig this game. And if you're telling the truth, then you shouldn't be scared to pull it~ I mean, I hope you don't take me for an idiot," he said, standing up from his seat and pacing around her. "The others were too stupid to realize your little game and that stupidity cost them greatly. Renji, on the other hand, was smart. But, not smart enough. It was rigged from the very beginning. You figured it would be an easy win for you, huh~? You really thought I didn't notice the look on your face when nothing happened to me? There's no way you thought your little plan would work~ At least, not with me participating~ And here I thought we knew each other very well~ That's too bad~"

"Shut up."

"Do it. Prove you did play fair. If you answered me earlier truthfully, then you should live until your next turn~ Or...until I die~"

Her hand started shaking a little more violently. "Do it, Sasori. Pull it."

"I said shut up!" she yelled, her chest heaving up and down as she glared daggers at Y/n.

He smirked down at her. "Do you yield?"

"Like hell, I would!"

In her rage, she pulled the trigger back, sending the bullet straight to her brain, killing her immediately. He stepped back, avoiding the splatter of blood. "It would've been a shame had you ruined my clothes."

He then turned to the stacks of money that were in a pile. "But, I guess maybe you already thought about that and provided me with the payment. Much appreciated."

Y/n grabbed the money and stuffed them into the inner pockets of his blazer before opening one of the large oak doors. A guy, who had been standing by the door to make sure the game wasn't interrupted turned to him. "Clean up the mess."

"Yes, sir."

He walked past the casino and made his way to the bar. As soon as he sat down at the counter, F/n slid a glass of F/d towards him. "Well, good to see you're still alive."

Y/n took a drink from the small glass and swirled it around. "You have no idea."

"Anybody yield?"

"Renji did."

"I heard Sasori, Inari, and the old man were participating."

"Inari and Yoshiki didn't advance very far in the game. At the very least, Inari made it to round 2."

"So--"

"Eliminated."

"Damn. I can't even imagine having to watch people shoot themselves and I'm an undercover cop."

"Yeah, well, it was their own fault. Sasori had the game rigged the entire time and they didn't realize it until it was too late."

"I'm assuming then that your lady lost?"

"My 'lady'? Yeah, you sure know how to tell a joke."

Y/n took another sip of his drink as F/n spoke. "Come on, you guys were totally a thing. You told me you had sex with her--"

"One-night stand," he corrected.

"Right, right. You still slept with her."

"Technically, no. She forced me into bed with her."

"Oh~ Right. 'Cuz you're not straight~"

"We weren't anything. It was purely out of getting something from each other. That's how it's always been. We were neither fuck buddies nor friends. We were simply a pair of acquaintances that rarely talked to each other."

"Y/n~" came an annoying voice.

He sighed heavily to himself as Momoi came over and slung her arms around his neck from behind. "What do you want, Satsuki?"

"You're so rude, Y/n~"

"Y/n."

He turned his head to see Kuroko coming up to the bar and taking a seat next to him. "You really need to put your girlfriend on a leash."

Momoi pouted at that as Kuroko chuckled. "You're probably right."

"You're so mean~" she whined before stomping off.

They both watched as she disappeared in the crowd before Y/n turned back. "So, how are you?"

"The usual. Not much has changed around here. Apart from the Russian Roulette game from earlier, this place is starting to lose its excitement."

"Who can blame you?" F/n said as he came up to them, his hand busily working to dry off a glass. "You've practically gambled at every game."

"Y/n, I really think your obsession with gambling is bad for you."

"Too late to tell me that now. Just a little excitement here and there would really help me feel better."

"Then, why don't you just go to the strip club? There's plenty of cute guys dancing tonight~"

"I'm not interested."

Y/n quickly finished his drink before turning the glass upside down on the counter, leaving some money. "Well, I gotta go."

"You better be careful. I heard the JFCIA is putting themselves in charge of your case. It's only a matter of time before someone catches you."

"Relax. I got this. I have my ways."

With that, Y/n left. F/n sighed. "Well, he's not wrong about that."

"F/n, you should really talk to Y/n about dropping his habits."

"I would, but...that guy is just too stubborn."