Chapter 2

The mood inside the stage area of the casino was festive. People danced as they listened to Kuroko singing on stage with Momoi and a few other girls dancing behind him. The music drifted away into other areas of the casino that were somewhat deserted because of the spectacular performance that was going on at the moment.

For first-timers, the casino was somewhat bizarre to them. It wasn't like your traditional casino with simple slot machines and people standing around in crowds around tables as they gambled and played cards, no. This was different. It was a casino. But, with a twist. As mentioned, there was a stage area, which is where the DJs usually played and people would go in that area to chill and dance. Like a club, basically. Occasionally, musicians and singers would come and give live performances there.

There was also a bar area with a counter in front of shelves filled with a colorful array of alcoholic drinks along with tables and chairs. Food, drinks, and alcohol were served there. The regulars considered that food heavenly and perfectly complemented the drink they had along with their meal. Then, there was your traditional, rated 'you-must-not-have-a-wife-kids-or-commitments-to-family' area that was, put simply, a strip club. No explanation needed about what happens there.

Lastly, there was the gambling area. Slot machines are all around, people gathering around to watch while others gambled with their luck. Around the middle were dozens of tables with dealers at almost every single one. People who crowded them gave each other glares, smirked, or looked really concentrated. Others had expressions that easily showed their bluffs, getting called out not a second later. Yes, sir, it was the place to test your luck and gamble with your chances, for it determined whether you walked out a millionaire or broke.

However, on this particular night, there would be a special event. It was set up specifically for those who loved the adrenaline and were obsessed with gambling. As mentioned, tonight would be about betting for higher stakes. The cost? 

Your life.

If you were a real gambler, this was an event to look forward to. Betting your life for the sake of winning the game. Where one bullet resided in the barrel and the pull of the trigger decided your fate. Russian Roulette.

Y/n smirked after the performance was over. He walked over to a room with huge oak doors. They closed behind him, making the others turn to him with equally as cocky smirks. "Well, Mr. L/n, glad you could join us. Take a seat."

He sat down in a cushioned seat, seated around a round table. "Are you sure you wanna do this, old man?", he asked, referring to the man who sat across from him. He was indeed old, but since he was rich, he was often found gambling in the casino.

"Of course. For the sake of the thrill, I'll participate."

"I want to hear you say that when you're dead, old man."

"Believe me, L/n, it would be an honor to die doing what I love. And if I live... well, I won't leave this room empty-handed", the man replied, referring to the money stacked up in the middle of the table.

"Please. As if I'd let you have it, Yoshiki."

They all turned to the woman who had spoken. She was a tan-skinned woman with dark hair and brown eyes. She wore a crimson red sleeveless dress that was skin-tight, yet showed off her curvy figure. Her red lipstick and dark eye shadow complimented her look. The woman smirked as she looked at them.

"If anything, I'll be the one to leave with all that delicious money", she said, licking her lips.

"Dream on, Inari."

A male with a very built structure spoke. He had undercut raven hair with white streaks tied back and wore a vest over a white button-up shirt. He removed his cigarette from his mouth and let out a puff of smoke before pointing at Inari. "That money is mine."

"Don't kid yourself, Renji. As if you idiots could ever get ahold of that kind of money", another voice said.

The other woman in the room also had a smirk on her face as she tucked her silver hair behind her ear. Her blue eyes were swimming with confidence. She crossed her porcelain legs under the table, her skin-tight black dress moving with her. She smirked before turning her gaze to Y/n. "As much as I would hate to witness a handsome man such as yourself die before my eyes, I wish to emerge victorious in this."

"Challenge accepted, Sasori. Let's see who fate favors today."

"Indeed. Are all bets in?"

"Y/n?"

He pulled out a stack of cash and threw it on the table, surprising the others before they smirked. "Interesting. The pile grew significantly."

"Alright. All bets are in then."

The air in the room was tense. After all, everyone in that small office-looking room were seasoned gamblers who lived for games of chance and skill with high stakes. It was win big or go home empty-handed. And no one wanted to lose. "The rules are simple."

1. The first person to go is determined by the roll of a die, whoever gets the higher number

2. With one bullet in the barrel, everyone takes a turn pulling the trigger

3. Once one person dies, another round begins and another bullet is inserted

4. The game keeps going until there is only one person remaining

5. If you wish to forfeit when it's your turn, you're allowed to leave but you won't have any chances in winning the money

"Clear?"

They all nodded. Sasori grabbed the dice and tossed it in the air before watching as it fell back down. It rolled for a few seconds before stopping. "5. Inari."

She took it from her and rolled. "2. Renji."

He rolled and got a 1 before handing it to Yoshiki, who got a 4 and handed it to Y/n.

He placed it in his hand, Y/n tossing it in the air, watching as it flipped a little before coming down. Slowly, it rolled to a stop. They gasped slightly as they looked at the six dots that were on the surface of the die. He smirked. "6."