Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"How could this be?" A stunned Jupiter spoke at the sight of his alive and breathing daughter. "You were dead. I saw it with my own eyes."

    "Yes, it is true that I was killed and I had voyaged into the afterlife. But it was very different from what you could ever possibly imagine." Naledi exclaimed. "It doesn't matter now. I'm back."

    Titus stood behind her and placed his hand on her shoulder in a comforting way. She turned her head and thanked him silently with her eyes.

    "Oh, my baby girl!" Gemma ran over to her daughter and hugged her tightly. Naledi could feel her motherly love radiating from her.

    After a few minutes, Jupiter joined the small reunion. The rest of the Olympians watched on as their King's daughter returned from the dead. But they all sensed something increasingly different about her.

    "Your Majesty." She curtsied in respect to her father and King.

    "Please, Naledi. You are not required to use the formalities around me." Jupiter explained.

    "I know, but I will do as I wish, and as I see proper." She retorted respectfully.

    Jupiter hesitated for a moment, but then slowly nodded his head and said, "You may do whatever pleases you, my daughter."

    "There are some things that must be discussed. I require the privacy of the pantheon, if that is all right."

    Naledi finally understood she was the guardian of this world of Roman Gods, and that the Gods of Olympus were her very own creation, but she would still allowed Jupiter to maintain his rightful place as the justified ruler. Just as it was always meant to be.

    "Very well." He agreed.

    Jupiter climbed up the steps of the podium, and faced his people. After clearing his throat, he began to speak.

    "Olympians! Your presence shall no longer be required until further notice! When a plan is formed, and the safety of my kingdom is realized, then I shall let be known. Until then- prepare for what is is to come!"

    They all looked upon his greatness as his boisterous deep tone filled the walls of the pantheon. The lightning bolt sparked and surged, preparing itself to be used as the main source of protection for Earth and Olympus. It was its soul purpose. 

    "I ask that until then, that you do not panic! Please retire to your quarters! Spend time with your family and all the ones that you love. For we do not know what tomorrow will bring!" he paused for a brief moment, and then continued. "But whatever the outcome may be, I can assure you that I will fight until every last breath has left my body! The Titans shall never rule again!"

    Gemma stood proudly by his side and pulled her shoulders back.

    Jupiter pulled his sword from his side and raised it in the air. A bright gleam of light shimmered from the deadly piece of metal. Its blade was pointed towards the sky.

    "Propter Olympi!" he yelled proudly.

    One by one, each citizen of the sky city raised their swords proudly and stood tall as they repeated the same Latin words.

    "Propter Olympi!" they all roared as one.

    Naledi turned and scanned almost each and every face as their loyalty to Olympus was demonstrated right before her very eyes. She smiled and felt her heart pound. The thought that they stood up for the one thing she had personally created to bring balance to her realm caused her spirit to soar.